Capcom Doesn't have enough resources for a next gen fighter

#21adampeltzPosted 10/20/2013 11:15:58 AM
Newbius posted...
adampeltz posted...
Newbius posted...
CranberryPSO posted...
I wonder if Capcom is going to become another developer that bites the dust this generation?

Quite a few companies have not survived the switch to HD gaming and the soaring development costs. Capcom of course has other issues that have hurt them quite a bit. Could we be on the verge of seeing Capcom shut down?

It's a really high possibility at this point. If Capcom IS going under, they'll have to start selling their IPs.

Why do people say this? When has any developer or publisher ever sold their IPs? EVER? Seriously? A merger or acquisition is more likely.

People should stop making nonsensical predictions.

Remember THQ?

THQ liquidated its assets (including its IPs) upon dissolution. They didn't sell IPs to stay afloat which would be absurd. Licensing IPs to others for cash would be another story.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#22JackalPosted 10/20/2013 12:48:29 PM
If they would just release a cross-platform Monster Hunter, the world would come together and sing!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#23chris1001 the sequelPosted 10/20/2013 12:53:54 PM
Brand power means a lot.

I could honestly see another publisher/first party rather than just buy the franchises, buy Capcom outright.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#24nonexistingheroPosted 10/20/2013 2:22:39 PM
vectorman5 posted...
The answer is simple:

Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Special Championship Edition (Now available with 4K resolution!!!)

The PS4 and XO probably can't even run the original SF4 in 4k resolution...
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25PannerPosted 10/20/2013 2:25:19 PM
Im just going to leave this here again for you TC.

My post taken from the PS4 board.

TC, that WHOLE article is taken out of context.
The reply to that tweet by Ono-San was that Capcom wouldn't give him the cash to bring Ultra Street Fighter 4 to the PS4/XboxOne.

Nowhere does it say that they don't have the cash to develop Street Fighter 5

With Monster Hunter 4 shipping 4 Million units + in Japan, i'm sure that Capcom are now rolling in the cash.

---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#26Mandrew257Posted 10/20/2013 2:35:15 PM
segagamer posted...

Also, sf iv is very ugly. I doubt a next gen game would look good.

Agreed, they should go back to 2D, not 2.5D and make the characters look like they are supposed to look, and not super buff.
---
WATCH OUT! HE'S GOT GETTING AWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!
#27TrixonePosted 10/20/2013 2:36:29 PM
segagamer posted...
Off topic.

Ultra sf iv isnt coming to wii u.

Ugly? It has a unique style to its animation. The incorporation of Japanese brush strokes makes it an interesting concept. You forgot to mention it's the most balanced fighting game in history.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: The Last of Us, BO2, SSFIV:AE - Samurai of Legend
#28Newbius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 6:04:29 PM
Trixone posted...
segagamer posted...
Off topic.

Ultra sf iv isnt coming to wii u.

Ugly? It has a unique style to its animation. The incorporation of Japanese brush strokes makes it an interesting concept. You forgot to mention it's the most balanced fighting game in history.

Most balanced? Close, but no.
#29Bahamut_10thPosted 10/20/2013 6:17:27 PM
I know Capcom deserves the hate it gets, but I'm worried.

They're gonna focus more on smartphones because of this tech avantgarde BS of western gaming companies pushing competition into needing to invest too much to make profitable games.
---
Learn to report topics and posts: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/?cat=18
And stop flooding.
#30retrogamer28Posted 10/20/2013 6:39:25 PM
You guys know he could just as easily be referring to staff as money, right? Nintendo has 5 billion+ USD in pure cash, but still have limited resources and are expanding because of it.
---
DK `94 is my Dark Souls