Questions about the WiiU.

#11Motobug321Posted 10/20/2013 8:44:11 PM
khardbored posted...
tuna-egg posted...
Please get a Wii U only if you will be content playing old (VC) games and 90% first-party (Nintendo) games. Meaning lots of Mario, Mario, and more Mario and friends.

I just can't recommend you selling your PS3 with all those great games. Diablo IV or GTA VI have little to zero chance of coming to Wii U. If you feel like you're through playing those titles and don't care to play their sequels, then I might recommend you to get a Wii U. Or if you plan to pick up a PS4 in the future.

Best scenario is to keep the PS3 and buy a Wii U.

Thank you for the advice! I am not sure if I mentioned it in my OP but this will also be for my son. I know it won't do GTA 5 and D3, I am not too concerned about that. I have an Xbox One paid off as well as a few games paid off. So my next-gen cravings will be filled. This is going to more for all the Nintendo exclusives I have missed out on as Motobug mentioned.

@ Motobug: Everything you listed is making me drool. I'm not a fan of Pokemon so I'll pass on those unless my son shows some interest. He is only 6 at the moment so :P

Ah, I see. ;)

Well, anyway, I'm glad I could be of some help!
#12neversayeverPosted 10/21/2013 12:15:17 AM
She wasnt looking at bookshelves fool, she was with me.
#13DBPanterAPosted 10/21/2013 1:52:24 AM
khardbored posted...
tuna-egg posted...
Please get a Wii U only if you will be content playing old (VC) games and 90% first-party (Nintendo) games. Meaning lots of Mario, Mario, and more Mario and friends.

I just can't recommend you selling your PS3 with all those great games. Diablo IV or GTA VI have little to zero chance of coming to Wii U. If you feel like you're through playing those titles and don't care to play their sequels, then I might recommend you to get a Wii U. Or if you plan to pick up a PS4 in the future.

Thank you for the advice! I am not sure if I mentioned it in my OP but this will also be for my son. I know it won't do GTA 5 and D3, I am not too concerned about that. I have an Xbox One paid off as well as a few games paid off. So my next-gen cravings will be filled. This is going to more for all the Nintendo exclusives I have missed out on as Motobug mentioned.

@ Motobug: Everything you listed is making me drool. I'm not a fan of Pokemon so I'll pass on those unless my son shows some interest. He is only 6 at the moment so :P

One thing I will add to the digital side of things that was not addressed:

When buying older games, which I have done quite a bit, there are essentially two different "stores." The Wii U offers you the ability to buy the game and just pay for it using a credit card. You can put money into an account, and have it deduct.

The "Wii-Mode" Wii Shop channel requires you to put money into the system prior to purchase. So if a SNES game is $8, you will need to put in increments of $10 to get it. That is why I am waiting for several games to come over to the Wii U eShop.

All the pricing information is readily available. I actually recommend the web-site nintendolife.com for reviews, pricing, and analysis. It is based in the UK, but they offer reviews for EVERY digital game, and I have many great treasures from smaller developers.

Duck Tales: Remastered is a great buy for $15 on the Wii U. It is also coming for physical purchase, but I believe the price will be $20.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#14GamerRafPosted 10/21/2013 2:21:18 AM
khardbored posted...
tuna-egg posted...

I was going to help you but now that I see you have an Xbone paid off I will no longer help you.
---
"Lets release a console with no games and no marketing." -Satoru Iwata, 2012
#15selfdeztructionPosted 10/21/2013 1:05:20 PM
I'd advise that you keep your disney infinity stuff (since you can buy the Wii U disk and keep playing it).

I also suggest that you use craigslist instead of gs,I've made alot more money by selling on there instead.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer