So gamestop tells me skylanders swap force wii won't work on wii u?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So gamestop tells me skylanders swap force wii won't work on wii u?

User Info: BTM4444

BTM4444
3 years ago#1
So I bought skylanders swap force wii for my brother when it came out. I planned on getting a wii u for him this Christmas and figured it wouldn't matter since the wii u plays all wii games, and he wanted swap force now

Now I go to gamestop and they tell me swap force wii won't work on the wii u because of the portal? I don't understand? Isn't it the same portal and same guys and the portal plugs into the USB port into the back of the wii u?

User Info: ShiNoBinn

ShiNoBinn
3 years ago#2
Just get it anyways, if it doesnt work, return the game, keep your receipt
"Look upon me....do you see how pathetic you are!? Only a chosen few have the power to face me on this level!.."

BTM4444
3 years ago#3
ShiNoBinn posted...
Just get it anyways, if it doesnt work, return the game, keep your receipt

I can't do that because I'm not buying a wii u unless I know it works cause I'm not buying it twice
(message deleted)

User Info: QlJGamer

QlJGamer
3 years ago#5
buy Skylanders swap force Wii U version maybe?
Quite Intelligent Judging!

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
3 years ago#6
I suppose the real question could be "Has anyone gotten any wii version of Skylanders to work on a Wii U?".
Considering that a Wii only has 2 usb ports to plug in a portal and the Wii U has 4, it might be you have to figure out which of 2 of the 4 ports is for Wii only.
I know you'd have to use a wiimote (and what other device you use to play that on a wii) to play the game on a wii U still.

BTM4444
3 years ago#7
Playsaver posted...
I suppose the real question could be "Has anyone gotten any wii version of Skylanders to work on a Wii U?".
Considering that a Wii only has 2 usb ports to plug in a portal and the Wii U has 4, it might be you have to figure out which of 2 of the 4 ports is for Wii only.
I know you'd have to use a wiimote (and what other device you use to play that on a wii) to play the game on a wii U still.

Yea I just don't understand cause its all USB right? How could it not be compatible?

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 years ago#8
If you plan on getting him a Wii U, make him wait. It is not about compatibility. It is more or less, the Wii U version will be a better option all around.

User Info: blinkfreak

blinkfreak
3 years ago#9
Maybe Wii mode can't access USB devices?

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
3 years ago#10
Wii had USB ports, and the Wii U allows Wii mode to use a wired connection (which requires a USB adapter), so Wii mode has the same access to USB devices as the Wii U mode does.

I've also had the ethernet adapter plugged into both the rear ports (where it currently is) and the front ports, and have never had a problem in Wii mode in either position. So even though the Wii only had 2 USB ports, the fact that the Wii U has 4 doesn't make a difference to it, probably because of how USB actually works.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So gamestop tells me skylanders swap force wii won't work on wii u?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived