Kind of crazy how the Wii U reverted right back to Gamecube-ish status.

#1JiZamezPosted 10/20/2013 1:50:04 PM
Discuss.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
#2BlueInfinityPosted 10/20/2013 1:52:34 PM
Explain.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#3GdboyratedloudPosted 10/20/2013 1:53:37 PM
huh? I thought the haters were saying it would be lucky to reach Sega Saturn numbers? lol
---
PS4 can NOT do 1080p/60fps but the Wii U can LMFAO http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
#4segagamerPosted 10/20/2013 1:57:11 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
huh? I thought the haters were saying it would be lucky to reach Sega Saturn numbers? lol

Saturn had awful sales, but was the most popular 5th gen system in Japan.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#5GdboyratedloudPosted 10/20/2013 2:02:34 PM
the least i want Wii U to do is SNES numbers (around 45 million) the most I want it to do is 80 million like PS360.

Ill be good with a smooth 50 million tho.
---
PS4 can NOT do 1080p/60fps but the Wii U can LMFAO http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4
#6QlJGamerPosted 10/20/2013 2:19:58 PM
Wii U reverted back to Gamecube-ish status. Huh Okay Wassup Shut Up
---
Quite Intelligent Judging!
#7Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 10/20/2013 2:54:39 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
the least i want Wii U to do is SNES numbers (around 45 million) the most I want it to do is 80 million like PS360.

Ill be good with a smooth 50 million tho.

With the way things are going, I think that it will struggle to reach Snes level sales. Outselling the GC is likely, along with the N64.

Of course Nintendo needs to really get smarter about marketing this thing, and make sure they can keep a steady stream of 1st party going, along with negotiating/buying as many 3rd party exclusives as possible.

Muliplatform titles are fantastic, but they alone are not enough of an incentive for most people to actually buy a Wii U. A bonus to Nintendo fans who are interested, that they are without doubt. Doubly so since the U version would with little doubt be inferior to the Ps4/XB1 version in most respects.

That much is a fact, and is compounded by the fact that some 3rd parties tend to snub Nintendo, and either cut features, release the game late, or do a bad job porting it in the first place. In some cases it has been a combination of these things. Case in point when it tends to get inferior ports of 7th gen games, despite being more capable than either of those systems in terms of horsepower.

Nintendo needs to at least try and get some of those multiplats, but they aren't a requirement. Not all of them. But for what ones it does get, they need to make sure it isn't a gimped or botched port. Even if it means reducing their royalty rate, or tossing out a million bucks or so as incentive to get themselves a better game. Games that might have an extra mode, or if it is lacking have more devs do as WB did for Baman and have it at a lower price.

Truthfully, more than anything they need to work on getting exclusives, or at the least have them as timed exclusive.

Releasing a model later on with 64 GB of memory built in would also be a good idea. Say holiday 2014 they drop the 32 GB to 229.99 and release a 64 GB for 279.99. Then gradually phase out the 32 GB...and possibly offering one free downloadable game to buyers.

All in all, I still say Nintendo really squandered their year lead, but it isn't too late to fix some of the damage. It's just a matter of figuring out exactly what the right thing to do.
---
..."go put on your favorite lingerie and streak in your public library while yelling about how sexy you'd look as a dolphin." - Ghasts
#8AkaneJonesPosted 10/20/2013 6:00:31 PM
Nintendo actually hasn't dropped back to Gamecube status. People actively skipped the Gamecube because 90% of the market was already primed to be PS2. May those people switched to PS3 after the N64 couldn't get a single RPG when that was the most prominent genre. Many Companies unwillingness to port their PS2 project to GC combined with Xbox jumping gamers that had migrated to PC back to consoles meant Gamecube was left in third place.

The WiiU is instead in a position where casuals may not have anything yet to upgrade. Then you have core gamers waiting for PS4 & Xbone to hit so games can be gauged. Lets not forget there is plenty apathy all around for entering the new gen. Most RPG gamers are content using PS3s and 3DSs for their need. The Square Enix draw isn't what it once was, and most feel they could wait till like 2015s Kingdom Hearts release to even bother thinking of upgrading.

This is the market that is driving slow sales on WiiU. It isn't Nintendo's finished, all the games I want are launching on Sony side. It's there isn't anything that is must buys on any of the systems, but PS3. Maybe I'll wait for Mario Kart & Smash Bros. to decided on WiiU. Some people are even just sticking with iOS crap shoots, now that is actively killing gaming(99 games are almost as bad a piracy on the industry at large, because you can't develop anything of modern worth on a 99 budget. What happens to Square Enix when they are out of classic games to put no money into to port to iOS? they can't spend the budget they used to make FFIIIDS & FFIVDS to make a $15 game on iOS. It automatically has to preform worse).
#9JiZamez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 2:01:19 PM
Bumpage.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/MapleStory
#10Black_ArchPosted 10/23/2013 10:33:54 PM
Negative TC, the Wii U is in fact selling worse than the Gamecube did, so get your fact straight boy and quit trolling the Gamecube.
---
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Give me Liberty, or give me Death! - Patrick Henry