Why do you want Nintendo to drop out of the console race?

#1VidgmchtrPosted 10/20/2013 4:15:16 PM
Do you REALLY want to see Nintendo do what Sega did? I don't understand. Sega was on the decline BEFORE the Dreamcast, the Sega Saturn did not perform as well as the N64 and PSX. While the Wii U has been slow, the Wii was nowhere near in as bad a place as the Saturn was.

Sega's been doing decently as a third party developer since then, but how do you know Nintendo will perform as good?

Also, the 3DS has been doing great, and they saw the same exact thing the Wii U is experiencing right now.

My guess is that you just want to DELIBERATELY see Nintendo fail at this point.
#2BlueInfinityPosted 10/20/2013 4:16:37 PM
People are just ignorant. They get pleasure from superiority feelings against others.

They derive the happies from attacking others on the internet about things they like that they don't.

It's human nature at its worst, essentially.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#3Motobug321Posted 10/20/2013 4:17:59 PM
Anyone who honestly thinks Nintendo is going to stop making consoles anytime soon doesn't know a thing about business.

http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-doomed-not-likely-just-take-look-how-much-money-its-got-bank/
#4The13DoctorsPosted 10/20/2013 4:19:53 PM
You are never getting Nintendo's games on another platform. NEVER. That will not happen. They will take their IPs to the grave with them. Nintendo will not become third party.

#dealwithit

In other news, this is shaping up to be Sony's Dreamcast, except without great games.
---
Platinum, Monolith, Atlus, Retro, Next Level Games | Sonic + [Mega Man?]
Good time to be a Nintendo Gamer :D
#5Vidgmchtr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 4:22:31 PM
The13Doctors posted...
You are never getting Nintendo's games on another platform. NEVER. That will not happen. They will take their IPs to the grave with them. Nintendo will not become third party.

#dealwithit

In other news, this is shaping up to be Sony's Dreamcast, except without great games.

My hope is that post is directed to people in general, and not me, otherwise it'd just show me that you didn't read my post. :P
#6SevynePosted 10/20/2013 4:27:10 PM
I would never want Nintendo to drop out the console race. Despite their shortcomings with the Wii U, and despite the many criticisms I may have with them, they offer something different than the other two. If anything I'd rather Sony or MS drop out (preferably MS, but it won't happen) because what they offer (exclusives aside) are very similar.

I just think 3 major consoles each gen is a bit much and 2 of them are redundant. 2 consoles per gen is just fine when they can be different enough that it's worth getting both.
#7omescythePosted 10/20/2013 4:55:37 PM
because if every single game was playable on all consoles in there respected generation and had to pick one based on pure preference of the console alone in aspects such as the controller, user interface ect.. nintendos consoles would not be top pick.
#8Vidgmchtr(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 9:50:31 PM
omescythe posted...
because if every single game was playable on all consoles in there respected generation and had to pick one based on pure preference of the console alone in aspects such as the controller, user interface ect.. nintendos consoles would not be top pick.

Well then it's a good thing that Nintendo keeps their exclusives...exclusive. :P
#9HermeticJusticePosted 10/20/2013 9:58:30 PM
omescythe posted...

I can't imagine playing Nintendo systems on another system... seriously

like playing Skyward Sword without the Wiimotes or Phantom Hourglass without the dual screens
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#10Golden MavenPosted 10/20/2013 10:03:01 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
Do you REALLY want to see Nintendo do what Sega did?

Yes. I want my occasional Nintendo fix on my Sony console. No gimmicks, no archaic hardware, no money wasted. And, Nintendo can focus on making good games again instead of rehashes.

The13Doctors posted...
They will take their IPs to the grave with them. Nintendo will not become third party.

#dealwithit

Spoken like a teenager without any understanding of capitalism. Nintendo investors might have something to say about Nintendo "taking their IPs to the grave" if the systems fail.