Who do you think is the best game reviewer in the industry?

#21hardy_83Posted 10/20/2013 8:01:30 PM
Reviews are opinion based.
Opinions are based on taste.
Therefor, there is not "best" reviewer.

You may have favorites, but in an industry of opinions, art and taste. There is no real "best".

Also it's best to view multiple reviews to get a better spectrum of a games appeal, don't just rely on one review.
Read them all, or at least the summaries.

Obviously people who like more, or trust more will have a stronger influence on you, but they are not the best.
#22HermeticJusticePosted 10/20/2013 8:10:23 PM
yourself
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#23vectorman5Posted 10/20/2013 8:10:35 PM
Mark from Classic Game Room. You get the feeling that he's having just as much fun making the review as you are watching it.
---
Five years ago we were sick of all the Mega Man games. Now we can't get one to finish development.
#24HermeticJusticePosted 10/20/2013 8:11:06 PM
GamersTavern posted...
I consider myself to be the best of the best.

like no one ever was?
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#25DisgaeaNutPosted 10/20/2013 8:24:59 PM
Yahtzee
#26Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/20/2013 8:30:42 PM
Lots of pretentious answers in this topic. I wonder which reviewer gave a game you liked a poor score...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#27manmousePosted 10/20/2013 8:55:12 PM
Mark from Classic Game Room.
he's not skilled at games but never blames a game for his failures. he doesn't rate games by a numbered scale, he simply talks about what they are, how they play, etc. he never whines or moans about a game, he stays upbeat and optimistic no matter what while still being willing to call a game out for its flaws in a calm direct way. he has a good sense of humor, like his WiiU review riddled with comparisons to the Vectrex, his Xbox360 vs NES review, or his interruptions of the CGRUndertow review of Zelda OOT when he kept butting in and comparing Zelda to Cosmic Carnage.
he knows what kind of people different games are made for, so even if he's not in that group he talks about how different groups will receive it (like, "people who like this and this might not enjoy this aspect, but people who enjoy this and this will love this aspect,")

except his early reviews from public access television back in like 1999 and 2000 are pretty awful, him and his friend were charming in their own dumb way but they weren't very mature and kinda missed a lot of points and just weren't really good at it yet.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#28DifferentialEquationPosted 10/20/2013 9:26:47 PM
Mark from CGR
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#29neversayeverPosted 10/20/2013 11:59:59 PM
Conan O'Brien
#30VanderZooPosted 10/24/2013 12:10:14 AM
nbean16 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Adam Sessler by far. His passion and intelligence really comes through whenever he talks or reviews a game. It also helps that he's extremely articulate and can really communicate distinctly the good and bad about a game.

Watch his GTA V review, it's almost like a dissertation.

sessler is an utter buffoon.

Why do you think that?
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com