Why are so many games on this system 2D?

#1Zoeller24Posted 10/20/2013 6:53:24 PM
New Super Mario Bros, Rayman, Donkey Kong, etc. You would think that if Nintendo was trying to create a modern HD gaming system then they would release games that utilized the graphics. All the big hits on this system with the exception of the HD Wind Waker have 2D graphics.

My roommate bought this system because he thought it was the hot new thing and I only purchased one game for it, New Super Mario. I didn't even finish that game because it was such a rehashing on the one on the Wii. lol. There has not been a single release that I looked forward to and with all the 2D games coming out on this system I am not looking forward to any. I didn't buy HD Wind Waker either because it still looks so childish.
#2The_RamiPosted 10/20/2013 6:56:30 PM
because they're fun and faster/cheaper to make
---
3DS FC: 4227-1401-7915
Currently playing: GTA V, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Super Mario 3D Land, Rayman Origins, Batman AA, Beyond: Two Souls, LOZ; ALTTP
#3Motobug321Posted 10/20/2013 6:59:51 PM
Zoeller24 posted...
New Super Mario Bros, Rayman, Donkey Kong, etc. You would think that if Nintendo was trying to create a modern HD gaming system then they would release games that utilized the graphics. All the big hits on this system with the exception of the HD Wind Waker have 2D graphics.

My roommate bought this system because he thought it was the hot new thing and I only purchased one game for it, New Super Mario. I didn't even finish that game because it was such a rehashing on the one on the Wii. lol. There has not been a single release that I looked forward to and with all the 2D games coming out on this system I am not looking forward to any. I didn't buy HD Wind Waker either because it still looks so childish.

Then you are missing out. Wind Waker is an emotional and amazing experience. If you're honestly calling it "kiddy" because of its artstyle, you are just childish yourself.

Anyway, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Zombi U, Wind Waker HD, LEGO City Undercover and The Wonderful 101 are all great non 2D games out on the system, and Sonic Lost World and Super Mario 3D World are coming out soon.
#4Zoeller24(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 10:02:45 PM
The Wind Waker's graphics are definitely childish. I have high hopes for the new Mario game. I would like to actually buy another video game for this system!
#5Starwars4JPosted 10/21/2013 10:04:39 PM
Zoeller24 posted...
I didn't buy HD Wind Waker either because it still looks so childish.

Haha, so you're a tween then? Gotta look tough! Quick, buy some CoD and tell a random stranger what you did with their mother last night
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6HermeticJusticePosted 10/21/2013 10:05:08 PM
Nintendo is the king of platformers
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#7EastCoastKodyPosted 10/21/2013 10:05:58 PM
3 games?

1 isn't out yet

1 is a multiplat thats on Vita, PS3, Xbox 360 as well

So basically ur asking why is NSMBU 2d?
#8userfrigginamePosted 10/21/2013 10:10:57 PM(edited)
So Wind Waker looks childish to you, but Mario doesn't? Dude, if you're so insecure with ur maturity, that you don't play games that look childish, then you shouldn't have bothered getting a Nintendo console in the first place. Go play something that helps u quell ur insecurities, like a shooter or sports game or something.
#9vectorman5Posted 10/21/2013 10:19:24 PM
You say it like it's a bad thing. Why?

Mario is at his best in 2-D (Galaxy came close, though)

Rayman is now responsible for two contenders of this gens best and prettiest platformers.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is ------ing Donkey Kong Country.

Mutant Mudds and Mighty Switch force are awesome. Shantae has every reason to be awesome.
---
Five years ago we were sick of all the Mega Man games. Now we can't get one to finish development.
#10KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 10/21/2013 10:21:02 PM
Zoeller24 posted...
The Wind Waker's graphics are definitely childish. I have high hopes for the new Mario game. I would like to actually buy another video game for this system!

They're really not, you need to look past Link and look at bosses like Ghoma, Molgera, heck even Ganon looks awesome. WW is pretty much one of the top 3 3D zeldas (At least in my opinion, but I know plenty of others who agree).

Also, you shouldn't let a "kiddy art style" stop you from playing a game. For all you know it could be like Happy Tree Friends.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]