I still think Sonic looks better than Knack on PS4. Who else agrees?

#31nonexistingheroPosted 10/21/2013 5:32:21 PM
Burrito_Invader posted...
I genuinely prefer Knack since according to hands on impressions, it's going to have difficulty, and it's a shout out to old school platformers like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

Also, seriously guys, Grow up. You're calling each other Ponies and Drones of a video game? How the hell is pony even an insult? smfh

According to videos I've watched, it's garbage that doesn't even come close to either of them. There's nothing Spyro or Crash-like about the game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#32Burrito_InvaderPosted 10/21/2013 5:51:25 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
I genuinely prefer Knack since according to hands on impressions, it's going to have difficulty, and it's a shout out to old school platformers like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

Also, seriously guys, Grow up. You're calling each other Ponies and Drones of a video game? How the hell is pony even an insult? smfh

According to videos I've watched, it's garbage that doesn't even come close to either of them. There's nothing Spyro or Crash-like about the game.

We must be watching different reviews then. Don't let bias cloud your judgement.
#33GamersTavernPosted 10/21/2013 6:14:47 PM
You sure seem to have a knack for these things.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#34gamebuyer22Posted 10/21/2013 8:20:41 PM
DroneHunter posted...
gamebuyer22 posted...
Pantera420x posted...
HayashiTakara posted...
Why is anyone bother bringing up Knack when it's going to drop off into obscurity?

Nobody gives a damn about that game, its a garbage launch title aimed for kids..its not even a premier platformer.

Aimed at children just like Nintendos whole library. Sony makes games E, T to M. Something Nintendo should really try to do.

Awwwwwwww, the wittle sony fanboy got his feewings hurwt,

With that kind of comeback id assume you are not over 12.
#35nonexistingheroPosted 10/22/2013 1:44:57 AM(edited)
We must be watching different reviews then. Don't let bias cloud your judgement.

I'm unbiased. I thought the game looked bland, uninspired and mediocre at best in terms of design & gameplay, before even reading a single preview. Level design is something that most developers just can't do anymore these days. Nintendo, sure. Sonic Team? Well, not as good as Nintendo, but still pretty good (they do need to work more on the feel of the controls though). Several indie devs? Yeah. The rest of developers... there may be a rare few who can still create good levels these days, but that's it.

And I'm not just talking about platformers. The level design of even most AAA games these days is garbage. Most devs create levels for the looks, but not for what it's like to play through them. I've said it before, but devs need to pick up the controller and ask themselves if they're having fun at each section of the level.

2 examples of non-platformer games:

Bad:
Skyrim: Areas that you mostly just walk through. It looks nice, but you're just walking. It doesn't help that the combat isn't very good either. The areas look different, but it all feels like playing the same.

Good:
Dark Souls: Every area is very different in structure and in how to get through. Often many different kinds of enemies, requiring different tactics. Every step you take is thought about in the level design and the areas were designed to surprise around almost every corner and in almost every new room.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#36DesperateMonkeyPosted 10/22/2013 2:06:24 AM
Wonderful 101 is certainly much better than Knack from the looks of it. Sonic not so much...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H