Batman Arkham Origins is out on Friday, does anyone care?

#1FenderMasterPosted 10/21/2013 7:35:28 AM
The Batman games have been fantastic so far, and lets be honest, they're the closest thing we'll get to a Metroid for quite some time. For my money they're the best 3D Metroidvania titles out there, and that includes Prime and Other M. Nobody is talking about them though... Which is odd, beacause they are an amazing series of games, proper meaty action adventures with depth, challenge, exploration, great controls...

Is it because Rocksteady aren't developing? This is the best third party game on WiiU this Christmas, if WiiU owners want third party support, they need to buy this and show that there's healthy sales to be had for quality action adventure games.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#2gnomelord255Posted 10/21/2013 7:38:01 AM
Even if 10% of the current Wii U user base were to buy it, it would still be labelled as a commercial failure.

I was interested until I found out online multiplayer content was cut. I was ok with hearing about Splinter Cell's local co op content cut out because of extensive gamepad use, but chopping out a server for Wii U online play is harsh.
#3vashtrichamPosted 10/21/2013 7:39:16 AM
Ill get it but not on wiiu because of controller preferences
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#4ChipChippersonPosted 10/21/2013 7:40:02 AM
I've got the U version preordered and paid off.
---
We got no food, no jobs... our PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!
#5Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/21/2013 7:40:57 AM
The WiiU version is missing an online mode though and I cannot, in good faith, suggest to people to buy the WiiU version because of it.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#6themoth2112Posted 10/21/2013 7:48:15 AM
I'll probably buy it like I did the others, but I'll wait on some Wii U reviews first
---
mothmusic.tumblr.com
#7Marcster1994Posted 10/21/2013 7:49:39 AM
Because

1. I'm not buying it on any system since this doesn't interest me as much as City did.

2. How am I supposed to trust WB this time when they messed up bad with their shoddy City port?
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/EnglishLanguage/
#8FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 7:50:21 AM
I understand people are pissed at the missing online, but if people don't buy this one, then there's very little chance of the next Batman game coming to WiiU. I know people have good reasons, but so do publishers. They cut features to save costs on a console with a small installed base and small sales potential. If it doesn't sell and they don't profit, then that's it. WiiU owners need to support good third party games, or there won't be any more.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#9melbye80Posted 10/21/2013 8:04:57 AM
Not in Europe, they saw it as a good idea to delay the WiiU-version two weeks
#10Canas_RenvallPosted 10/21/2013 8:06:28 AM
I actually was intending to wait for a Steam sale, but when I was buying parts for my PC I'm building, I got a free PC copy of the game for buying one of Nvidia's video cards. I have the code, now I just gotta wait until the 25th! :)
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.