Batman Arkham Origins is out on Friday, does anyone care?

#91JackalPosted 10/24/2013 5:04:08 PM
My copy shipped earlier today. I'll have it in the morning. I can add it to the queue with Tomb Raider, TLoU, Puppeteer, Beyond:TS, GTAV and some PSN games. Next up, the PS4! Then comes the PS3 game hunt! That time when you start hunting down previous gen games for cheap!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#92DBPanterAPosted 10/24/2013 6:51:32 PM
People act like missing on-line is a huge deal breaker. If you read or saw interviews about this portion of the game, I personally believe it is not a deal breaker.

The Wii U version is $10 cheaper to make up for it. So, buy the game on Wii U sans multi-player for $50, or get multi-player on another console and spend $10 more....
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#93EastCoastKodyPosted 10/24/2013 6:59:51 PM
im excited. I have the ps3 version pre-ordered.

It doesn't have as much hype this go around. Maybe ppl are sick of it. Maybe its because its a different developer.

idk.

I wish the Wii U version had online and exclusive content. So i wouldn't have to buy the ps3 version
#94FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:08:20 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
FenderMaster posted...
I understand people are pissed at the missing online, but if people don't buy this one, then there's very little chance of the next Batman game coming to WiiU. I know people have good reasons, but so do publishers. They cut features to save costs on a console with a small installed base and small sales potential. If it doesn't sell and they don't profit, then that's it. WiiU owners need to support good third party games, or there won't be any more.

They cut content but you want to support them so they think its alright to do it. People vote with their wallet and if they don't want the inferior version then they won't buy it. I won't support a console for the sake of supporting it when the games are worse.

Yes, I don't own a WiiU, but I think WiiU owners should support the game, it's going to be really good, the best game released this season besides SM3DW, and let's be honest, nobody really cares about the mp anyway, do they? If you don't support it, then the next game won't come to WiiU at all. What's worse, supporting a port with a cut feature you probably don't even care about? Or saying good bye to third party support from WB on WiiU?

It's a really easy one. And they cut the mp to save costs on a feature nobody cares about, on a format with a very small addressable market and low sales potential, as well as a weak online system. They didn't do it to spite you, they did it because it's the sensible thing to do.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#95lp913Posted 10/24/2013 7:16:38 PM
Jellitoe posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
I've got the U version preordered and paid off.

This

^This seconded!
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#96The_HyphenatorPosted 10/24/2013 7:34:00 PM
I'll get the Wii U version eventually, but right now I don't have money in the budget to buy a new game, so I'll be passing for a while.
#97FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:58:32 PM
The_Hyphenator posted...
I'll get the Wii U version eventually, but right now I don't have money in the budget to buy a new game, so I'll be passing for a while.

If you buy it on sale, the publisher gets way less money and it's less likely the WiiU will get more WB games. If you want to support it, buy it new at as close to full price as you can.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#98IokuaPosted 10/24/2013 8:04:03 PM
DBPanterA posted...
People act like missing on-line is a huge deal breaker. If you read or saw interviews about this portion of the game, I personally believe it is not a deal breaker.

The Wii U version is $10 cheaper to make up for it. So, buy the game on Wii U sans multi-player for $50, or get multi-player on another console and spend $10 more....

Or buy the PC version, pay $10 less and get the multiplayer. Hell, go to Green Man Gaming and get it for $37.50.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#99jrb363Posted 10/24/2013 8:07:49 PM
I don't care that it's out on the Wii U. But then again, I never planned on getting the game anyway for any system.
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#100KCJ5062Posted 10/24/2013 8:11:54 PM
blankempathy posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
The WiiU version is missing an online mode though and I cannot, in good faith, suggest to people to buy the WiiU version because of it.

Some people don't care about online. There are so many single player games with online that I never touched such as bioshock 2 and uncharted's online.

Yeah if online was that important for the Arkham games, then the previous two would have flopped.