#1PhaseBlackPosted 10/21/2013 7:19:44 PM
http://pixelvolt.com/2013/10/21/is-ubisoft-considering-dropping-the-wii-u/

Nintendo needs to make this holiday season count
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2b1gt0nePosted 10/21/2013 7:24:46 PM
old
#3Motobug321Posted 10/21/2013 7:27:25 PM
Does this person have any kind of source? Because it's kinda hard to believe a stranger on twitter with no source. :/

Bad news if it's true, though.
#4Hercik1Posted 10/21/2013 7:35:49 PM
Is that site serious the tweets themselves are four months old? It's one thing when a poster on gamefaqs bring it up after the fact because they might not have seen them at first and want to discuss it now that they have but for a website to be four months behind on news is laughable.

With all that said I'm not sure if rayman helped or not. It sold more on wii u then all other versions combined and with a much smaller user base but the game underperformed so that good news may be off balanced by that. Ubisoft has insane high prediction for sales though. They think watch dogs a new ip will sell 6.2 million.
#5DBPanterAPosted 10/21/2013 10:26:12 PM
Hercik1 posted...
Is that site serious the tweets themselves are four months old? It's one thing when a poster on gamefaqs bring it up after the fact because they might not have seen them at first and want to discuss it now that they have but for a website to be four months behind on news is laughable.

With all that said I'm not sure if rayman helped or not. It sold more on wii u then all other versions combined and with a much smaller user base but the game underperformed so that good news may be off balanced by that. Ubisoft has insane high prediction for sales though. They think watch dogs a new ip will sell 6.2 million.

Yes, Ubisoft does have what appears to be high forecasts for the sales of their games.

But it is also a business, and their forecasts are pretty close to what they need to break even on the project. The abysmal sales of Rayman across all platforms, and the putrid sales of Splinter Cell: Blacklist (1.6% of which were bought on the Wii U) was bad news, then they followed it up by announcing Watch Dogs as a 2014 release. The following day, their stock value dropped 33%.

I see on this board all the time threads on games, games, games. Well people need to buy games not made by Nintendo as well. I have bought 2 Ubisoft games for the Wii U, and most likely will get another in the next 3 months.

But attachment rate is a big thing. Mario generally nets Nintendo north of 20% (1 in 5 owners of the console buy Mario). Call of Duty sits between 12-15%. But when a game comes to the Wii U and does below 2%, that means that company is more than likely going to lose money.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#6DontMindIfIDoPosted 10/21/2013 10:47:25 PM
Believe it or not, not all of us care about Ubisoft games. The only one that came out recently that I had any interest in was Rayman Legends, which is something that speaks to me more than something like Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed or Watch Dogs. Should I force myself to go out and buy those games on Wii U just to please the few people who want to play those games and other Ubisoft games on Wii U?

I love how people claim it's our fault because we don't buy third-party games. Maybe it's more that we buy third-party games that actually interest us. I don't appreciate being blamed for Ubisoft not believing their games will sell on the system. Maybe if they decided to bring out games that were more catered to the interests of Nintendo players, then maybe I'd start buying more third-party games. Until then, games like Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs most likely aren't going to do well because nobody went out and bought a Wii U just to play those games, and furthermore, there's not enough of an incentive to buy those versions if you happen to own the system along with other systems. When I say incentive, I mean more than just sticking a map on the gamepad and calling it a day. I want unique experiences, not just slightly enhanced experiences.
#7Sailor GoonPosted 10/21/2013 10:49:11 PM
Ubisoft screws over its customers, makes mature games for a child friendly publisher, then whines when games don't sell. I no longer support this garbage developer.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#8smash66Posted 10/21/2013 10:54:33 PM
Another good news.Xp
#9Craig--aPosted 10/21/2013 11:06:31 PM
Sailor Goon posted...
makes mature games for a child friendly publisher

What does that even mean? They arent really know for their childrens games especially when they release stuff like Splinter Cell, Morrowind (in europe), Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, The Expendables, Real Steel etc etc
---
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...
#10aiyobroPosted 10/21/2013 11:58:32 PM
The Wii U watch dogs will look nice and actually have night time in it. lol.

other then that they should know better then to put out that B-rated garbage on a nintendo system.

if they do then at least use several people to port it, they'd recoup their losses even if they only sold like 20-30,000