Insider says Ubisoft considering dropping Wii U support

#21TerotrousPosted 10/22/2013 9:14:21 PM
You know how you can tell someone isn't a real insider? They reveal their identity.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#22Sailor GoonPosted 10/24/2013 1:42:29 AM
Terotrous posted...
You know how you can tell someone isn't a real insider? They reveal their identity.

I just happened to look her up. All she is is a writer for some gaming sites. She isnt an insider of anything.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#23mcnichojPosted 10/24/2013 1:47:09 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
Terotrous posted...

I just happened to look her up. All she is is a writer for some gaming sites. She isnt an insider of anything.
Writers usually have friends in game companies although why someone would be dumb enough to reveal insider information who knows, it's enough to get them blacklisted from a dev for any interviews/previews/early copies for reviews.

Although is anyone really surprised? Wii U not selling well, games on the Wii U aren't selling well, AC3 DLC did horribly, AC4 isn't getting DLC support.
Nintendoomed.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#24StarBladeEdgePosted 10/24/2013 1:47:19 AM
yes please , so finally one of the most overated developers is finally leaving us in peace with rehashed mainstream software. thanks , thank you from the bottom of my heart.
---
Boujng ! WiiU is the best.
#25aiyobroPosted 10/24/2013 4:53:29 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
yes please , so finally one of the most overated developers is finally leaving us in peace with rehashed mainstream software. thanks , thank you from the bottom of my heart.

They actually brought us the first No More Hero's and that game was... well.... whatever
#26JobocanPosted 10/24/2013 5:05:34 AM
DBPanterA posted...
I see on this board all the time threads on games, games, games. Well people need to buy games not made by Nintendo as well. I have bought 2 Ubisoft games for the Wii U, and most likely will get another in the next 3 months.

Well if third-party games on Wii U came out that weren't crap I'd probably buy them. Third-parties in general are being pretty lame this year, regardless of console. Hopefully new consoles coming out will reinvigorate them a little bit.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#27gnomelord255Posted 10/24/2013 5:13:08 AM
You people make me laugh. A few months ago you were praising Montpellier and Montreal studios for supporting the Wii U, and now that you f******* realize how business works, you b**** about them dropping support for the console?

We're going to wait and see how Watch Dogs does, but we're pretty sure it's also going to sell miserably.
#28Metal_MercenaryPosted 10/24/2013 5:16:43 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...

Nintendo fans must be the only group of people to actually be glad that a developer might stop making games for them. Because having less variety of games on a struggling system is just wonderful news, right?
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#29aiyobroPosted 10/24/2013 5:20:14 AM
Metal_Mercenary posted...
StarBladeEdge posted...

Nintendo fans must be the only group of people to actually be glad that a developer might stop making games for them. Because having less variety of games on a struggling system is just wonderful news, right?

I thought EA was releasing battlefield but then they backed out after the origin mess
#30aiyobroPosted 10/24/2013 5:26:48 AM
If games like Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower came out when they were inteded to
then the whole shovel ware arguement would have been farce, since the wii generation by default should have been over last spring