Lazy people: stop whining about Nintendo's YouTube policy

#1Fisto81Posted 10/22/2013 9:02:10 AM
I honestly can't believe people are still whining about this. If you use NINTENDO's footage footage in your video, Nintendo is 100% entitled to the ad revenue for that video.

You can record Nintendo footage and share it all you want. That's perfectly fine. But what makes YOU think that you're entitled to make money off of Nintendo's copyrighted property?

Sorry lazy people, time to find a real job.
#2uneedtowakeupPosted 10/22/2013 9:03:56 AM
How about you get a real life

and they can get a "real job"

Deal?
#3Lethal_BathTubPosted 10/22/2013 9:04:54 AM
uneedtowakeup posted...

Deal?

---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy
#4ShindoSlashPosted 10/22/2013 9:05:05 AM
If you were literally payed to play video games and post the video on youtube...would you ever want to quit that "job"?
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#5Fisto81(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:10:22 AM
ShindoSlash posted...
If you were literally payed to play video games and post the video on youtube...would you ever want to quit that "job"?

I like to earn my money, thanks.
#6ShindoSlashPosted 10/22/2013 9:11:58 AM
Btw I know you are a not so subtle Sony fan pretending to be a blind Nintendo fanboy to make Nintendo fans look bad but I'm going to play along anyway for my and others amusement.

Anyway, define what it means to earn money.
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#7Fisto81(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 9:17:16 AM
ShindoSlash posted...
Btw I know you are a not so subtle Sony fan pretending to be a blind Nintendo fanboy to make Nintendo fans look bad but I'm going to play along anyway for my and others amusement.

Anyway, define what it means to earn money.

I can tell you what it's not: leeching off of someone else's creation.

Yeah man I wish I could earn an income by copying Nintendo's property and uploading it to YouTube but it don't work that way.
#8bh7812Posted 10/22/2013 9:52:03 PM(edited)
Quote:I honestly can't believe people are still whining about this. If you use NINTENDO's footage footage in your video, Nintendo is 100% entitled to the ad revenue for that video.

You can record Nintendo footage and share it all you want. That's perfectly fine. But what makes YOU think that you're entitled to make money off of Nintendo's copyrighted property?

Sorry lazy people, time to find a real job.

@Fisto81

For once OP I agree with the stuff flyin out of your keyboard here. Just blows my mind these people think they should be able to make money off THEIR characters and games! What did they think? Nintendo would sit there and go "No problem, we don't mind!" No. It's called they're trying to protect tTHEIR property, the stuff THEY created. If I created a game, and these YouTube-ers tried to make a quick buck off my work you can bet your ass I'd be after them the way Nintendo is right now. I totally agree with Nintendo's actions on this. Not as a freakin fanboy or anything like that. As someone who understands you just don't do this kinda stuff with a company's IP and expect to get away with it.

---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#9TomoEK9Posted 10/22/2013 9:52:45 PM
Lethal_BathTub posted...
uneedtowakeup posted...

Deal?
#10manmousePosted 10/22/2013 11:54:28 PM
so if someone makes hours of original content, and includes a short little trailer, does Nintendo deserve 100% royalties?

like if a make a 2 hour movie and for a couple seconds in a scene the script quotes a Michael Jackson song, does the Jackson estate suddenly own 100% of the film and all profits, and not a single paycheck going to an actor or camera man or anyone? is that how it should work?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY