Super Mario 3D World is the Mario game we should have gotten a long time ago.

#1sonic777Posted 10/22/2013 8:12:20 PM
Truth.

It's the first Main 3D Mario game that actually feels like a Mario game.

Credit Nintendo for finally doing that. Does the game really warrant a Wii U purchase? Mmmm... let's not get carried away just yet.
---
Looks like general sporting banter to me and calling someone butthurt and calling them the donkeys isn't that big of a deal either. - When Moderator Uses Brain
#2ElectricMolePosted 10/22/2013 8:14:52 PM
Theres two Mario teams at nintendo, the main one (Mario 64, Galaxy, 3DLand) and the uninspired rookie B team that makes NSMB.

3D World was made by the main Mario team. To me, 3d World is the first real Mario game for Wii U.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#3blankempathyPosted 10/22/2013 8:17:22 PM
sonic777 posted...
Truth.

Credit Nintendo for finally doing that. Does the game really warrant a Wii U purchase? Mmmm... let's not get carried away just yet.

True but the wii or gc didn't exactly launch with a 3d mario game either.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#4Motobug321Posted 10/22/2013 8:21:15 PM
sonic777 posted...
Truth.

Watch this video, and witness the game in all of its glory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIwcblsO_k
#5userfrigginamePosted 10/22/2013 8:25:38 PM
I agree. I think we shoulda gotten it a long time ago, so that we could have gotten a Super Mario 64 or Sunshine-like game for the Wii U instead.
#6DTY3Posted 10/22/2013 8:29:04 PM
sonic777 posted...
Truth.

I agree and disagree.

I agree because it seems like the logical evolution of Mario post- Super Mario World.

Disagree because Galaxy was an amazing game regardless.
Galaxy felt like a Mario game in everything but objective structure, in which it felt like the other 3D Mario games, which all had a feel of their own.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#7pakman3Posted 10/22/2013 9:00:49 PM
ElectricMole posted...
Theres two Mario teams at nintendo, the main one (Mario 64, Galaxy, 3DLand) and the uninspired rookie B team that makes NSMB.

3D World was made by the main Mario team. To me, 3d World is the first real Mario game for Wii U.

Not true. M64 was not the same team as galaxy. Galaxy 1/2 were by different teams. Nsmb series was not by a single team. Check your facts, pony.
#8ElectricMolePosted 10/22/2013 9:04:25 PM
pakman3 posted...
ElectricMole posted...

Not true. M64 was not the same team as galaxy. Galaxy 1/2 were by different teams. Nsmb series was not by a single team. Check your facts, pony.

Hey pony, EAD 4. ever heard of it?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif
#9aiyobroPosted 10/22/2013 9:04:46 PM
NSMB isn't bad but it isn't worth more then 50 bucks either
#10AlphrinPosted 10/23/2013 6:15:09 AM
userfrigginame posted...
I agree. I think we shoulda gotten it a long time ago, so that we could have gotten a Super Mario 64 or Sunshine-like game for the Wii U instead.

That would have been a more logical progression.

2D Platformer > Liner 3D Platformer with 2D elements > Open World 3D Platformer

Instead SM64 jumped right into the open world gameplay, ignoring everything that could still be done in 3D using the old linear style.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.