Good Wii U games for a 6 and 9 year-old.

#1legend253Posted 10/23/2013 4:20:04 AM
I work for GameStop and my friend is looking to buy a Wii U for her kids this Christmas. She's on a $400 budget, and I already have her set up with a 32gb console. I told her I would handle picking out the games, problem is, I don't know much about Wii U games.

Her kids love Mario, so obviously I have her down for a pre-order on that new Mario game coming out in November, but she also wants them to have a "learning game" in her words.

So, Wii U board, any good learning games for the Wii U?
---
GT: Lord Avon, SS: Lord
"That was the Wind Spirit? More like a tornado. Oh, I mean, 'slut'."
#2thefabregas22Posted 10/23/2013 4:24:49 AM
legend253 posted...
I work for GameStop and my friend is looking to buy a Wii U for her kids this Christmas. She's on a $400 budget, and I already have her set up with a 32gb console. I told her I would handle picking out the games, problem is, I don't know much about Wii U games.

Her kids love Mario, so obviously I have her down for a pre-order on that new Mario game coming out in November, but she also wants them to have a "learning game" in her words.

I don't think there have been any games made specifically for learning or education, no.

Lego city undercover might be a good buy though.
That's fun for pretty much everyone.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#3WildsparkPosted 10/23/2013 4:28:34 AM
There aren't any learning games for wii u and her kids wouldn't want to play something like that anyway. She should get them Wind waker HD or Pikmin 3.
---
When you give up, that's when the game is over
#4legend253(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 4:29:51 AM
thefabregas22 posted...
legend253 posted...

I don't think there have been any games made specifically for learning or education, no.

Lego city undercover might be a good buy though.
That's fun for pretty much everyone.

Yeah? That's a shame, I'll have to break that to her. Maybe Disney Infinity? Enables creativity and right-brained thinking.
---
#5DifferentialEquationPosted 10/23/2013 4:30:30 AM
Either Scribblenauts or Zombii U.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#6legend253(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 4:30:34 AM
Wildspark posted...
There aren't any learning games for wii u and her kids wouldn't want to play something like that anyway. She should get them Wind waker HD or Pikmin 3.

I'm trying to get her to buy the WWHD console that we have. Is it a 32gb model?
---
#7abbyhitterPosted 10/23/2013 4:30:47 AM
6 and 9 year olds should be playing outside...not playing a Wii U.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#8thefabregas22Posted 10/23/2013 4:30:58 AM
Wildspark posted...

I do agree that those two games would also be fantastic purchases, and also you're probably right about the learning games, they normally aren't very good.

Windwaker could be a good purchase and slight educational since the puzzles will help them with logical thinking.

So I would actually say tc get them windwaker hd, they'll love it
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#9legend253(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 4:31:15 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Either Scribblenauts or Zombii U.

Scribblenauts could work. Zombi U is a no go, I'm afraid, hahaha. Though I will try to pitch it to her, just for you.
---
#10WildsparkPosted 10/23/2013 4:35:19 AM
legend253 posted...
Wildspark posted...

I'm trying to get her to buy the WWHD console that we have. Is it a 32gb model?

I think so, but I'm not sure.
---
When you give up, that's when the game is over