Why is the WiiU getting so much hate?

#1Theeze0504Posted 10/23/2013 1:38:04 PM(edited)
This is more of a rant than anything. I've been lurking for some time, It's like some of you never had a console with a slow start before.

Nintendo was always about first party, it's been like this since the N64. Maybe people prefer owning 5 games a month but it's ridiculous how many are considering it dead or dying.

Remember the days no one cared about NPD or Doom and gloom articles? Remember the times all you cared for is having fun? Of course back not many had access to the internet or cared about sales and being the deciding factor in making a purchase.

The WiiU is fine and will get better over time...if it doesn't, nintendo won't abandon the console they'll work harder to bring you titles, they can afford it.

Did they abandon the 3DS when it sucked? It's one thing to have a fanboy from another console take a crap on this console, but for it's own board to crap on it? Either it's trolls or people on here are easily influenced by how it's selling rather than how it's playing.
#2SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/23/2013 1:41:50 PM(edited)
Honestly I'd guess its only 4-5 people that are posting on 5-8 accounts each taking pot shots. If you look at the user details its usually 1-8 posts(all in the same thread). Also most the people that complain never even owned the system, and with how much they post here I almost doubt they can afford a single game, as they definately have no time to play them due them being here all the time.

I've seen these trolls mess up and argue with themselves when they forgot to swap accounts while trying to start a flame war talking trash on both sides.
It also seems the forum mods don't bother even looking on this forum cause it takes forever to get things moderated.
#3NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/23/2013 1:39:56 PM
Overpricing outdated hardware.
#4LvthnPosted 10/23/2013 1:42:32 PM
Theeze0504 posted...
Nintendo was always about first party, it's been like this since the N64.

Contradicted yourself within a single sentence, bravo.

Let me clarify this: Ever since Nintendo made it all about first party, 2/3 of their consoles have done poorly and another is shaping up to be more of the same. Which isn't entirely true, since more accurately it goes: Ever since Nintendo alienated third party and had to go primarily first party...

But to answer your question, it's a console with a bad name, that is selling poorly, has relatively few games, and a gimmick most people didn't ask for and don't want (contrasted with the Wii, which was a gimmick everyone and their uncle apparently wanted). Why are you surprised that Wii U is not very popular?
#5Motobug321Posted 10/23/2013 1:44:39 PM
Theeze0504 posted...
This is more of a rant than anything. I've been lurking for some time, It's like some of you never had a console with a slow start before.

Nintendo was always about first party, it's been like this since the N64. Maybe people prefer owning 5 games a month but it's ridiculous how many are considering it dead or dying.

Remember the days no one cared about NPD or Doom and gloom articles? Remember the times all you cared for is having fun? Of course back not many had access to the internet or cared about sales and being the deciding factor in making a purchase.

The WiiU is fine and will get better over time...if it doesn't, nintendo won't abandon the console they'll work harder to bring you titles, they can afford it.

Did they abandon the 3DS when it sucked? It's one thing to have a fanboy from another console take a crap on this console, but for it's own board to crap on it? Either it's trolls or people on here are easily influenced by how it's selling rather than how it's playing.

Yeah, it's really gotten out of hand. While I do think that criticism with reasoning is perfectly fine, there's just so much utter hate and rage over a piece of plastic on this board it's insane.

While I do understand that sales are important (determining whether or not a game will get a sequel, how long a company will continue making a product, etc.) it's just gotten so out of control. In fact, it's just sad.

The only thing I could guess is that lots of insecure people are just trying to reassure themselves of their purchase, but yeah, I really don't get it.
#6EastCoastKodyPosted 10/23/2013 1:46:57 PM(edited)
NathanDrakeSwag posted...

are you just trolling because u mad that

*the last 2 games Nathan Drake was in were bad? [Golden Abyss & PS Allstars BAttle Royal]

*PS4 has a bad launch line-up

*Vitas dead as a console...and is now a remote play machine

*PS4 has no big games announced.

*not a hint of a new Uncharted

*Wii U has a solid line-up of great games

*Wii U has a solid line-up of upcoming games

feel free to pick more than 1
#7neversayeverPosted 10/23/2013 1:47:12 PM
Because all hardware is overpriced and outdated. Youre just too ignorant to care.
Dont blame nintendo because you like getting ripped off. If youre gonna point the finger, point it everywhere.
#8jrb363Posted 10/23/2013 1:50:26 PM
EastCoastKody posted...
NathanDrakeSwag posted...

are you just trolling because u mad that

*the last 2 games Nathan Drake was in were bad? [Golden Abyss & PS Allstars BAttle Royal]

*PS4 has a bad launch line-up

*Vitas dead as a console...and is now a remote play machine

*PS4 has no big games announced.

*not a hint of a new Uncharted

*Wii U has a solid line-up of great games

*Wii U has a solid line-up of upcoming games

feel free to pick more than 1

I pick...none of the above.

Look, I like the Wii U as much as the next guy but you've gotta admit: Forcing people to go with the Gamepad is a f***ing stupid idea. It's going to keep costs of the system artificially high throughout its lifespan unless Nintendo just decides to start bleeding money for the sake of pushing units. It was an idiotic design on their part and I think they'll regret it for the life of the system.

That being said, I like using the Gamepad. I just feel from a consumer/price viewpoint it was a bad long-term decision.
---
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
#9Theeze0504(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2013 1:51:58 PM
It's not so much that I'm surprised it's that some love to overreact. It does not matter if the hardware is inferior to the ps4 as long as the game is fun to play.

I know many and myself included are annoyed reading about the same thing over and over" There's tons of good games coming out in the near future. You don't need to speed run through everything.
#10AwayFromHerePosted 10/23/2013 1:53:31 PM
People are pointing their anger at the wrong place.

The Wii-U is a great system, Nintendo has f***ed up the marketing, the game releases, explaining, and everything else they could have.

The new 3D Mario game should have been a launch game, or at least in the launch window.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.