Can we just admit Nintendo should get out of hardware

#91ResponderPosted 10/24/2013 10:33:15 AM
EvilSakurai posted...
The reason people want to see Sega come back is because the Dreamcast did so well early on.

That console was the most innovative of all time, bar none. It had pretty much every major "Innovation" from last generation either working, being experimented with, or was planned on being released.

On top of that, instead of just rehashing franchises, Sega went and released a crap ton of good new IPs, something Nintendo isn't doing.

And guess what? Even when they went under, Sega has still made a few new IPs, while Nintendo has rehashed the same stuff, plus retro reboots, ever since the middle of the gamecube era when they got their asses handed to them for not having online connectivity.

Your charges against Nintendo are not true. Nintendo has made lots of IP's within the past few years, like Xenoblade Chronicles and Wonderful 101.

Also, how are Nintendo rehashing franchises? Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker play much differently than Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, which play differently from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Skyward Sword.

While I agree that Sega going third party hasn't gone so well with them (the Dreamcast was really underrated), if you say Nintendo rehashes, then so does other companies like Activision, Capcom, and EA.
#92Maverick_ReznorPosted 10/24/2013 10:34:00 AM
EvilSakurai posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
From the looks of it, the anti Nintendo camp just wishes their preffered console maker made better games.

Lol.

One of the reasons I don't buy Nintendo consoles any more was that they weren't making as good games as Sony is. It's just rehash after rehash.

Real Talk: Uncharted 2 is better than anything Nintendo has released since the Gamecube.

obvious joke post is obvious
---
Making gamefaqs a better place by ignoring 1 ignorant user at a time : )
3DS FC: 1891-1175-6647 Friend Safari: Grass with Swadloon, tangela, Quilladin
#93BlitzJuggernautPosted 10/24/2013 10:37:58 AM
Mandrew257 posted...
fuzi11 posted...
To be honest....

there should only be one console in the world

the Ninplaybox 364

Then everyone can be happy and live in peace and harmony. That and PC's of course. PC master race will live on for ever

I would rather Xbox drop out of consoles and be replaced with Sega.

I'd second that motion.
---
XBL: BlitzJuggernaut
Between the biased administrators, overzealous base, and relentless trolls, this has to be the worst community on the Internet.
#94ChargedBusterPosted 10/24/2013 10:40:58 AM
I don't know about the wiiU

But the 3ds is a F***ing fantastic system.
---
Xbox live: aimforthebushes
#95coolguy_23Posted 10/24/2013 10:42:16 AM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
EvilSakurai posted...
BoomerTheGreat posted...
From the looks of it, the anti Nintendo camp just wishes their preffered console maker made better games.

Lol.

One of the reasons I don't buy Nintendo consoles any more was that they weren't making as good games as Sony is. It's just rehash after rehash.

Real Talk: Uncharted 2 is better than anything Nintendo has released since the Gamecube.

obvious joke post is obvious

He's serious.
---
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.
#96cyberhawk777Posted 10/24/2013 10:44:29 AM
Yet another gamer who wants to play Nintendo games, but doesn't want to get a Nintendo console because his friends will think he's not cool. Apparently it somehow would make Nintendo games "cooler" if they could be played on a Playstation or XBox.

Probably one of the more annoying groups on Gamefaqs.
#97HanfengLinPosted 10/24/2013 10:59:40 AM
Can we just admit that this whole Ninten"doomed" fad needs to be run over by a train?
#98cyberhawk777Posted 10/24/2013 11:07:56 AM
HanfengLin posted...
Can we just admit that this whole Ninten"doomed" fad needs to be run over by a train?

It's definitely annoying. But, looking at it another way, the Nintendoomed people wouldn't be putting this much effort into it if they weren't scared the newest Nintendo console will hurt the sales of their favorite.

The ones who want Nintendo to go software-only could also be interpreted as saying they like some Nintendo properties more than those of Sony or Microsoft. So, a little creative interpretation could turn this around as them complimenting Nintendo and bashing Sony/Microsoft.
#99lp913Posted 10/24/2013 11:16:59 AM
OzzBrown posted...
Um, no, the Wii U/3DS are the only systems of this generation I have any interest in, darn near everything good will either be on Nintendo platforms or PC, Sony and Xbox exclusives just don't impress me.

^ Exactly where i'm at with my own thought process on the subject, took the words right out of my mouth, glad to see i'm NOT alone in this thinking! XD
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#100GoreGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 11:17:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]