People who want Nintendo to leave hardware are selfish

#1iKhan88Posted 10/24/2013 7:22:02 AM
People who make the argument that "people only buy Nintendo consoles for the exclusives"***, and that "The Wii's ship has sailed", seem to be projecting their opinions onto everyone. These people need to shut up and quit being so selfish. If they want to play Nintendo games, then they need to buy the consoles, not rally for the hardware that lots of people still like to stop existing.

From my experiences, I don't just buy Nintendo consoles for the games (with glaring exception of the Gamecube). I buy them for the unified hardware-software experience that takes advantage of the intricacies of the hardware, this includes the controller.

The Wii is my favorite console. I don't get how it's ship has sailed. Casual games are fun for everyone, including gamers.

***This logic is horribly flawed. The main reason you buy a console is for exclusives. The reason exclusives exist is due to hardware differences, but the games are what show those differences off. So when a console has exclusives and is successful, it's an indication that the hardware is unique, and the way that uniqueness is popular. Not just the games. The only scenario in which a console maker should go 3rd party is when nearly all of the popular games on that system exist on others. This is an indication that the hardware is not unique, or the differences are not popular. And if you could get most of the games you want for one console on another console, why buy it?
---
Any sig ideas?
#2NintendoKnight9Posted 10/24/2013 7:24:55 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/24/2013 7:25:41 AM(edited)
I think Nintendo should stick to handhelds, and make multiplat games for home consoles. Whiny fanboy opinions are not going to change that.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#4PigfartsPosted 10/24/2013 7:27:48 AM
B/c the last 2 home systems that nintendo produced are garbage, its well known how underpowered they are. Gameinformer ripped them pretty hard in their latest magazine, almost all other publication have ripped them hard.

Its only the nintendo fanboy who thinks its a next gen system, and powerful.

Other then that I dont want nintendo to leave the hardware business, and I dont like any nintendo first party games. but if their console is not up to par with the others, they are not getting any 3rd party exclusives they should think about their hardware strategy a bit more.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#5StarBladeEdgePosted 10/24/2013 7:41:31 AM(edited)
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
I think Nintendo should stick to handhelds, and make multiplat games for home consoles. Whiny fanboy opinions are not going to change that.

yeah that's what you would like ....mario on ps3 so he can get into mediocre interactive movie nonsense .....great you never get that.whiny troll opinions will never change that.

only one whining about sales is you actually :D oh man , you totally lost it......
---
Boujng ! WiiU is the best.
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 10/24/2013 7:43:52 AM
StarBladeEdge posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

yeah that's what you would like ....mario on ps3 so he can get into mediocre interactive movie nonsense .....great you never get that.whiny troll opinions will never change that.

only one whining about sales is you actually :D oh man , you totally lost it......

Are you one of the real fanboys like Acemos, or one of the fake fanboys like Fisto? I can never tell with you...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#7Motobug321Posted 10/24/2013 7:47:14 AM
I personally feel that the Wii U is a great system with lots of potential. Experiences like Pikmin 3 simply wouldn't work or be the same on other hardware.

Also, I'm pretty sure that anyone who ACTUALLY thinks Nintendo is going to stop making home consoles anytime soon simply doesn't know business. I've posted this link before, and I'll post it again.
http://www.gamesradar.com/nintendo-doomed-not-likely-just-take-look-how-much-money-its-got-bank/
#8DifferentialEquationPosted 10/24/2013 7:47:39 AM
It's not selfish. While Nintendo can still make good games, it's become abundantly clear that they don't understand what it takes to make good hardware anymore. I think most people would rather they just devote all their resources to making games.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#9thefabregas22Posted 10/24/2013 7:47:54 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
StarBladeEdge posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Are you one of the real fanboys like Acemos, or one of the fake fanboys like Fisto? I can never tell with you...

I have a feeling he's more like fisto.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#10Rasputin77Posted 10/24/2013 7:50:47 AM
People [...] seem to be projecting their opinions onto everyone.

Hello. Today's lesson: how message boards work.

Step #1: Play the victim card at every opportunity! If someone posts an opinion, say they are "projecting" them onto other people.

Step #2: If someone posts something you didn't want to read, don't blame yourself for not having enough self-control to turn the other cheek... blame them!

Step #3: Slap the s*** out of your parents. No, seriously... just walk right up and do it. Trust me.

These people need to shut up and quit being so selfish.

I know... so selfish for expressing their opinions in an open forum.

... Exactly... like... you're doing here.

The NERVE.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
I admit - it's totally my fault for not remembering how young and naive some of you are.