Has Nintendo said why there is no online co-op in Super Mario 3D World?

#61Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 5:21:26 PM
omescythe posted...
got to like how people act as if all the bad things that could happen online some how can't happen in local multiplayer.

Yup. With the logic they use to justify the lack of online co-op, they might as well just not play games
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#62SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/24/2013 5:35:50 PM
omescythe posted...
got to like how people act as if all the bad things that could happen online some how can't happen in local multiplayer.

Large difference people are less likely to act like ass hats if they are not anonymous(just look at this forum, and how they act). And unless you play it with someone that you don't know the name of, and they always wear a mask, and there is some sort of wall between you more then likely they won't act like a turd.
Also there is no connection lag local.
#63UltraGoombaXPosted 10/24/2013 5:50:42 PM
Hey Kirby, I like this topic better than your usual ones. Your other ones are like manure that attract flies. However, you still managed to turn this around and somehow made it look like another "Nintendo is garbage" topic. I sometimes wonder if you are trying to convince yourself or the people on this board that Nintendo is weak. You'll make any excuse to justify yourself into not buying this game. I bet if Super Mario 3D World were on the PS3, you wouldn't have a problem with it, even if it had no online play. Anyways, SM3DW is fine without online play. Some people like myself, enjoy games without it. By the way, I sometimes wonder if you are a real gamer, seeing how you whine on the boards instead of talk about your gaming experiences. Hell, we don't even know what your favorite games are. How about you and I have an online battle. If you wish, I'll PM my gamer tag and my long list of games to you. I own every system and a TON of games so we shouldn't have any issues. Face me and prove to everyone that you are a real gamer. I promise that I won't bother you online. PEACE!!!
#64DiscostewSMPosted 10/24/2013 5:51:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
omescythe posted...

Large difference people are less likely to act like ass hats if they are not anonymous(just look at this forum, and how they act). And unless you play it with someone that you don't know the name of, and they always wear a mask, and there is some sort of wall between you more then likely they won't act like a turd.
Also there is no connection lag local.

This board is enough proof to see why anonymity is bad, and that is a constant with online gaming with random people. People here seem to think that because they want to game online with their friends that online should be included. While that's not technically bad, there is not enough incentive to dedicate development of online for just friends. Most of the purpose for online gaming is for random groupings, and platformers in general do not bode well with online as fighters, racers, and other such genres do.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#65DiscostewSMPosted 10/24/2013 5:55:09 PM
UltraGoombaX posted...
Hey Kirby, I like this topic better than your usual ones. Your other ones are like manure that attract flies. However, you still managed to turn this around and somehow made it look like another "Nintendo is garbage" topic. I sometimes wonder if you are trying to convince yourself or the people on this board that Nintendo is weak. You'll make any excuse to justify yourself into not buying this game. I bet if Super Mario 3D World were on the PS3, you wouldn't have a problem with it, even if it had no online play. Anyways, SM3DW is fine without online play. Some people like myself, enjoy games without it. By the way, I sometimes wonder if you are a real gamer, seeing how you whine on the boards instead of talk about your gaming experiences. Hell, we don't even know what your favorite games are. How about you and I have an online battle. If you wish, I'll PM my gamer tag and my long list of games to you. I own every system and a TON of games so we shouldn't have any issues. Face me and prove to everyone that you are a real gamer. I promise that I won't bother you online. PEACE!!!

You'd be surprised at what lengths people will go to moan and complain about a product. I mean, it's bad enough when they purchase said product to do that, making it a high price of admission when normal people can do that for free.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#66Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:03:02 PM
UltraGoombaX posted...

Your attitude is off putting, so no I don't particularly want to game with you, but if you want to add me on PSN to see the games I play (I don't quite understand your fascination with me) you can.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#67UltraGoombaXPosted 10/24/2013 6:19:36 PM
Alright Kirby, send me your gamer tag. I'd like to see what you got. Thanks anyways.
#68Nice_Kirbyfan9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 6:24:44 PM
UltraGoombaX posted...
Alright Kirby, send me your gamer tag. I'd like to see what you got. Thanks anyways.

On PSN my name is Oh_Nyne
---
#69davidohernandoPosted 10/24/2013 6:32:16 PM
Actually Outland's online co op's performance/precision was noticeably worse than when offline.

LBP has a floaty engine to help battle the issue outland had.

Seems like precise/technical platformers are either hard to code for online (or no one has really got it down yet), or online is too slow at this moment to handle the precision.

Probably why the marios and raymans of the world haven't done it yet.
#70SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/24/2013 6:37:44 PM
davidohernando posted...
Actually Outland's online co op's performance/precision was noticeably worse than when offline.

LBP has a floaty engine to help battle the issue outland had.

Seems like precise/technical platformers are either hard to code for online (or no one has really got it down yet), or online is too slow at this moment to handle the precision.

Probably why the marios and raymans of the world haven't done it yet.

This is close to the reason
The issue comes in with how many routes you have to go through as each adds a little lag, and how burdened those routes are.
I've had games where I've had 100ms lag, and I've had games where its shot up to 4seconds. Thing is you can't really have a game like Mario which generally requires a lot of precision online due to that. Now things like Mario kart are different as that game is no where near as precise.
I remember when WOW had tried to add something like a plat former that required precision jumps, and how many people failed due to the lag to the server. In all honesty things like that are not fun.