If the Wii U's specs were as good as ps4, would people stop complaining?

#61Devil_wings00Posted 10/24/2013 7:57:45 PM
kdognumba1 posted...
No.

For whatever reason, Nintendo has always had haters. Nothing Nintendo can do will change that.

I dunno if you were around in the 80's/early 90's but nintendo was pretty much damn near the most loved thing in existence lol
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#62BjornAgainstPosted 10/24/2013 8:29:27 PM
Probably because if the WiiU had better specs more third parties would develop for it. As it stands none of the developers want to develop for a new machine that they know will not be able to run their future titles. They can port current gen games to the Wii U, but what happens when they make a next gen sequel?

When they are making that sequel they then have to decide if they put out a vastly inferior Wii U version because the console is not powerful enough to run their game well, or they have to tell the Wii U owners that they are not getting the next game in the series. This is probably the number one reason Nintendo does not have third party support. Game makers want to make games for as many platforms as possible, but when they know a console that just came out is already going to be outdated in a year they are hesitant to launch any franchises on a system they know they are going to have to abandon once it can no longer handle their games.
#63monkeyluv101Posted 10/24/2013 8:39:03 PM
I think the Wii U specs are fine, it's the games I care about, just nothing currently interests me. Wii U, ps4 and X1 all have weak line ups, that is if you don't have a PC to play the multiplats, then suddenly X1 and PS4 start to look significantly better. Still getting a ps4 at launch, because I know eventually they'll have the most games I want to play, then Wii U (once Mario Kart and DK come out) and then 2-3 years down the line X1.

There's absolutely zero reason to have both X1 and ps4 at this point in time, they're both exactly the same short of a few exclusives.
#64Arn544Posted 10/24/2013 8:41:43 PM
It should be on par with the Ps4/X1, period

That's just a rule, consoles should be in league with their rivals
there is no "Devs would just find another reason" blah blah blah, no they need to compete and have zero excuse for not doing so.

Their rivals didn't even target the high end graphics, they could have easily matched them.
#65hyjinx17Posted 10/24/2013 8:42:53 PM
No because games are what matter. How many really good games, that aren't ports, does the Wii U have? Yeah, that's the problem
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#66IzecPosted 10/24/2013 8:44:33 PM
Arn544 posted...
there is no "Devs would just find another reason" blah blah blah,

Indeed, people use their victim-complex to deflect attention away from the real issues. It's ridiculous.

I want a good reason why third-party devs would still refuse to make games for Nintendo if Nintendo's consoles were actually up to par. Besides "everybody hates Nintendo wahh!"
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#67nodleyPosted 10/24/2013 10:04:47 PM
No. The games are all still rehashes and for kids.
---
http://www.favslist.com/users/nodley/91
#68NovaLevossidaPosted 10/24/2013 10:08:20 PM
Specs being equal to the PS4 still wouldn't be enough unless Nintendo changed its entire philosophy to get with the times and embrace things like the internet and online play. One of the Wii U's biggest problem right now isn't the hardware but how Nintendo is mismanaging the hardware.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#69LightHawKnightPosted 10/24/2013 10:35:23 PM
BjornAgainst posted...
Probably because if the WiiU had better specs more third parties would develop for it. As it stands none of the developers want to develop for a new machine that they know will not be able to run their future titles. They can port current gen games to the Wii U, but what happens when they make a next gen sequel?

When they are making that sequel they then have to decide if they put out a vastly inferior Wii U version because the console is not powerful enough to run their game well, or they have to tell the Wii U owners that they are not getting the next game in the series. This is probably the number one reason Nintendo does not have third party support. Game makers want to make games for as many platforms as possible, but when they know a console that just came out is already going to be outdated in a year they are hesitant to launch any franchises on a system they know they are going to have to abandon once it can no longer handle their games.

Third parties wont develop any games on it if the specs were any higher. Cause third parties are scared of Nintendo. Since all of Nintendo's first party games sell pretty well, which they think means they get less sales for some reason. When it really should be the opposite, Nintendo's games sells consoles, more consoles = more people to buy their games.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#70ElectricMolePosted 10/24/2013 10:51:09 PM
Izec posted...
Arn544 posted...
there is no "Devs would just find another reason" blah blah blah,

Indeed, people use their victim-complex to deflect attention away from the real issues. It's ridiculous.

I want a good reason why third-party devs would still refuse to make games for Nintendo if Nintendo's consoles were actually up to par. Besides "everybody hates Nintendo wahh!"

Im loving this response the most!

Nail has been hit on head. I hate the victim-card as an excuse to not even try to compete. That's the way a LOSER thinks.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://abload.de/img/metabanderasps45tuxx.gif