Have you ever bought a game because of the music?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever bought a game because of the music?
2 years ago#11
Only music from rhythm games have influenced my decision, so no.
You don't have time to ponder such questions, as Bruce Willis has just grabbed a jet plane.
2 years ago#12
I put yes, but after thinking about it the music of course wasn't the only reason I got the game. However, I would say with Xenoblade Chronicles it was one of the main reasons I picked it up. I also own the 4-cd soundtrack and listen to it a few times a week. It's probably one of the best video game soundtracks I've ever heard.
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Personally i prefer 720p. 1080p is just too many pixels
2 years ago#13
NejiHyuga900 posted...
- Guitar Hero games
- Sonic games (Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes... Crush 40's music sounds so epic and motivational)

You know, a lot of people give Sonic music a lot of flak for having stupid lyrics, but the stupid lyrics are why it's awesome.

Lyrics THAT bad, are a work of art.
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
2 years ago#14
Thomas Was Alone.
Stella Deus.

Good thing all of those games kicked ass in other categories.
This wretched world does not reward endeavor, it is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. - FFT
2 years ago#15
I honestly have - Nights into dreams(saturn).

I remember renting the the system and the game when I was younger and was completely blown away by the music. Much later on, after the end of life of the system, I decided I'd build a small Saturn collection, bought Nights and the first thing I did was rip the soundtrack mp3.
2 years ago#16
Strider Genesis
2 years ago#17
Yes, I actually have. I downloaded (and later received a physical copy for my birthday) of the soundtrack of Tales of Legendia before I even owned a PS2. It was one of my favorite soundtracks of all time and I was very interested in seeing how it was used in-game. I was also a fan of the Tales series before that however. But then I found that Mr. Driller: Drill Land's soundtrack was composed by the same person, Masaru (aka Go) Shiina, and I ended up importing that game almost entirely for that reason. It also has one of my favorite soundtracks ever. I reviewed the game here: http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com/2013/03/mr-driller-drill-land-can-you-dig-it.html
Latest: "Should you go digital? Probably not."
2 years ago#18
If rhythm games don't count, then no.
PSN/Steam Id (It's the same): Darkeeper
2 years ago#19
That sounds a bit silly to me. The whole reason to play a game is the gameplay.

The music is good but not really necessary.
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
2 years ago#20
Tsunami Bomb convinced me to get the first Disgaea game.
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever bought a game because of the music?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived