So people say nintendo "lost" the casual market...

#1DroneHunterPosted 10/24/2013 7:17:25 PM
But who did they lose it too? Sony and M$. Thats who.

Which is funny b/c i remember all of last generation sony fanboys were crying "omg wii is for babies its cazuals thats the only reason it sold well.

But, using that logic, would that mena the ps2 only sold well b/c casuals used it as a DVD player, or that ps1 is for casuals too?
Oh no, Sony is different, right?
I don't know about u, but it seems that any console that sells well is for casuals.
So If nintendo "lost the casuals", and the ps4 sells the most, then that means the ps4 is the casual console, right?
---
3ds Friend code: 4554 0783 8442
nnid: Pistopete Xbox Live: PISTOPETE108
#2IzecPosted 10/24/2013 7:21:43 PM
DroneHunter posted...

Are you sure?

I think the casual market we're talking about with the Wii (soccer moms) left consoles altogether, in favor of tablets and smartphones.

The casual market Sony and MS have (dudebros) has always been with them; I doubt they were able to take much of the Wii's fanbase at all.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#3manmousePosted 10/24/2013 7:25:13 PM
when people say that they're referring to old people and the general family gamers for the basic minigames and such.

mostly Nintendo lost that demographic to mobile phones.

don't make this a stupid fanboy war. anyone with half a brain should know better.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#4DroneHunter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:25:51 PM
Izec posted...
DroneHunter posted...

Are you sure?

I think the casual market we're talking about with the Wii (soccer moms) left consoles altogether, in favor of tablets and smartphones.

The casual market Sony and MS have (dudebros) has always been with them; I doubt they were able to take much of the Wii's fanbase at all.

First of all, the casuals are one markets. 2nd of all. casuals usually have a tablet/smartphone, and an xbox360/ps3
---
#5DroneHunter(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 7:28:23 PM
manmouse posted...
when people say that they're referring to old people and the general family gamers for the basic minigames and such.

don't make this a stupid fanboy war. anyone with half a brain should know better.

Im just saying, if the wii was "casual crap"then so are the other consoles
---
#6IzecPosted 10/24/2013 7:34:41 PM
DroneHunter posted...
First of all, the casuals are one markets.

No. The Cooking Mama/Wii Fit gamers are extremely different in purchasing habits from the Call of Duty/Madden gamers. One group migrated from consoles and one group stayed.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#7TallWhiteNinjaPosted 10/24/2013 8:23:04 PM
DroneHunter posted...
First of all, the casuals are one markets.

I take it marketing isn't your field of employment?
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#8vashtrichamPosted 10/24/2013 8:26:05 PM
DroneHunter posted...
manmouse posted...

Im just saying, if the wii was "casual crap"then so are the other consoles

The other consoles had a much wider selection for the non casual.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#9GiygasminionPosted 10/24/2013 8:43:05 PM
Nintendo lost a significant portion of their "blue ocean" demographic to smartphones and tablets. Very few of those people own a Microsoft or Sony system.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#10DaLaggaPosted 10/24/2013 9:18:41 PM(edited)
User Name DroneHunter
User ID 6826824
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

Why are people taking an obvious troll account seriously? Sounds like another Fisto alt created to stir up more trouble.