2 simple things Nintendo needs to add to their ecosystem

#1NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/24/2013 8:28:36 PM
Unified accounts and trophies. In 2013 these should be standard features and lots of people have been asking for them.
#2big_pimperPosted 10/24/2013 8:31:09 PM
The Sony fan boy is spamming tonight
---
3DS FC: 5343-8629-6662
PC+Wii U+ 3DS XL Master Race
#3EastCoastKodyPosted 10/24/2013 8:32:20 PM(edited)
somebody should tell Sony that having a decent launch line-up and free online should be standard.

or actually making a profit is standard.

or supporting your handheld gaming device w/ actual games....instead of turning it into a remote play companion for ps4.
#4random_man9119Posted 10/24/2013 8:32:45 PM
Unified accounts: definitely
Trophies/achievements: debatable
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#5TalentedMPosted 10/24/2013 8:35:33 PM
random_man9119 posted...
Unified accounts: definitely
Trophies/achievements: debatable

---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#6IzecPosted 10/24/2013 8:41:56 PM
It just kinda seems odd how Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation all have some form of player scoring system yet Nintendo doesn't. They don't add achievements/trophies, their games barely ever have multiplayer leaderboards, and so forth.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#7NathanDrakeSwag(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 8:44:17 PM
Izec posted...
It just kinda seems odd how Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation all have some form of player scoring system yet Nintendo doesn't. They don't add achievements/trophies, their games barely ever have multiplayer leaderboards, and so forth.

Agreed. It gives Nintendo games shorter life spans imo. Even if I don't like a game on PS3 I'll still play it for trophies.
#8Motobug321Posted 10/24/2013 8:51:30 PM
Ugh, no thanks. Trophies are pointless and add absolutely nothing to the gameplay. If I want an "achievement", I want it to be properly integrated into the game, in the form of a collectible, for example. I simply don't get any sense of achievement when a box flashes across the screen and tells me I did something.

I agree about the unified accounts, though.
#9Crazy_tank51Posted 10/24/2013 9:11:32 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Izec posted...

Agreed. It gives Nintendo games shorter life spans imo. Even if I don't like a game on PS3 I'll still play it for trophies.

Wow. Even games you hate you play just to get trophies? I thought the goal of games was to have fun. But nope, getting an electronic trophy is more important. To each his own I suppose, but seriously...

And to answer topic:

Unified accounts, yes.
Trophies/achievements, no. A game should be designed to give you a reason to come back. I've played through Fire Emblem Awakening about 7 times to get an optimal team and will never stop playing Melee. Why? It's designed to keep it fresh every time I play it.

Trophies/achievements do not offer replay value or any kind of play value, especially considering most of them are given in the process of completing the game. What does it add? Next to nothing. It's just there to look impressive. It's like a preteen girl stuffing her training bra; it looks impressive, but once you get past it, there's next to nothing.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
#10Oni_TaedoPosted 10/24/2013 9:12:38 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
Izec posted...

So, you'll sit through a bad game, simply for the trophies?

Sorry, but a virtual pat on the back, isn't enough to keep me playing.
Trophies aren't worth crap if the game isn't fun.
You're essentially just trying to inflate you e-peen, as opposed to doing something because it's fun.

The trophies in stuff like AC2, and Sonic Generations, are trophies done right. Arbitrary little things for you to do, simply to say you did them. Stuff like kicking a dude off of a rooftop while using Da Vinci's flying machine, or collecting every skill.

When it's stuff like, "Play 1000 online matches", or "spend 50 hours in game", those aren't fun.
What if the game itself is bad? Would I want to spend 50 hours in the game? No.

The games should be fun, first and foremost. If they want to add trophies, they can.

By the way, SOME Nintendo games DO have them.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Xenoblade, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, just to name a few. SSBB did a great job incorporating them into the gameplay, by having it so that they actually unlocked in-game content.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida