Do you care if Wii U only gets 2-3 high quality first-party games every year?

#31SplatterHouse55Posted 10/26/2013 2:06:20 AM
As far as my gaming tastes are concerned...

If WiiU was my one and only home console, then no, it wouldn't be enough, especially if you add the hypothetical that no worthwhile 3rd party games would also be available. Let's say that the 3 big Nintendo games of 2013 were Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and SMB3DW. I would have only been really interested in one (SMB3DW), and I would have waited the entire year to get it - My interest in the other two would have only been born of the frustration of not having anything more to play (and even then, I would have had to wait 7 months for the other two).

In 2013, my interest in the library would have been dominated by the 3rd party games it did get (Lego Undercover, Rayman Legends, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4, Splinter Cell, and COD). Now, assuming those games didn't exist (for the hypothetical purpose of this thread), my WiiU would have spent the vast majority of the year basically unused, waiting up until the end of the year to finally purchase a game with great enthusiasm.

Let's say the big games in 2014 are SSB, Mario Kart, DKC, X, and Bayonetta 2. IMO, it's a better year, but even then I have zero interest in SSB and Mario Kart. The leaves 3 games of any real interest for the entire year. Think about that for a minute. A year is a long time, and I'm hard pressed to imagine those 3 games (as good as they might be) keeping me busy all year. This would undoubtedly have me hoping for secondary Nintendo IP like Mario Golf or Mario Tennis to pop up - Games that I normally wouldn't have purchased (if I owned another console), but would now for the replayabilty typically found in sports games.

This is usually (since the N64) the reason I wait until the end of the gen to pick up Nintendo consoles: I don't have to play the waiting game as I occupy my time on other systems. I like Nintendo, but I'm just not the type of gamer that gets excited over, let's say, WiiU Fit's potential to move systems.
---
Ever since I started working, every day has be worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space
#32DarkAdonis123Posted 10/26/2013 2:07:23 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
2-3 is a joke. I want at least 5+

This. Especially since it seems like 3rd party is going to be nearly non-existent.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#33HermeticJusticePosted 10/26/2013 2:10:59 AM
we still have the 3DS front
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#34Tauro_FcPosted 10/26/2013 2:51:53 AM
My minimum is 4. If they could do 4 per year, I'll be satisfied with my wiiU.
#35pikachupwnagePosted 10/26/2013 4:56:30 AM
Second_Hokage posted...
And no good third parties?

Lol
---
This is a work of a demon isn't it? Demons here, demons there! It's all so....demoning.