Do you agree Mario doesn't need online

#1NintendoXGamesPosted 10/26/2013 2:20:33 AM
Do you agree Mario doesn't need online - Results (754 votes)
yes
57.16% (431 votes)
no
42.84% (323 votes)
This poll is now closed.
all people do online in games is scream over the mic and yell racist words
#2fallangePosted 10/26/2013 2:23:50 AM
It's very easy, if you don't want to play online, just stay away from it. For those of us who have grown up and our friends are far away, being able to play online is great.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#3Undead_YakuzaPosted 10/26/2013 2:28:43 AM
I strongly disagree. While Mario games are positively awesome as couch co-op, I would also like to play with people that I'm unable to see every week. Ex. I've always loved playing games with my younger brother, but given that we currently live in different cities, and both have jobs and other commitments, couch co-op isn't really viable.

So, again, I would love for Mario to eventually include online multiplayer, and it can and absolutely will work, as not all players you meet online are racist dirtbags, which is an idea wrongfully held by many of the people that usually don't play online anyways.
#4thefabregas22Posted 10/26/2013 4:10:55 AM
doesn't need online, should it have online? yes.
But it doesn't need it so I voted no
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#5IreneLingPosted 10/26/2013 4:17:29 AM
I don't want to play online,but the feature still can be there for those need to use it.
#6arvilinoPosted 10/26/2013 4:22:52 AM(edited)
The only Mario game that really needs online is Mario Kart.

For 2D/3D Mario platformers perhaps in the future if online play if it can result in seamless play equivalent of local play. For now it's online features(ghost mii's for levels and time tracking, miiverse integration) is all I think it really should have.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#7MinamoPosted 10/26/2013 7:34:38 AM
If they want to sell more consoles, they are going to have to implement online eventually. I have no reason to get a Wii U currently because if I want to play co-op, I am forced to go to a friends house to do so, and they already have a Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 will be great, but Bayonetta can easily be beaten as a rental. The only game I see worth owning on this is "X," because everything else is ports, rentals, or single-system co-op.
---
Pokemon X: 0860-3255-9151 (Character Name: Rin)
Friend Safari: Sliggoo, Gabite and Dragonair
#8EndgamePosted 10/26/2013 7:43:45 AM
any game that is designed with an actual multiplayer mode in mind needs online, it is the ****ing standard these days, and really, it has been around for over a decade, Diablo 1 in 1994 had online multiplayer, and I'm sure other games had it before that, but Diablo 1's the first online game I've played, so it's what sticks out to me as the go to example for how old online multiplayer is

so Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy, they don't need online because they're designed to be single player experiences

all the other Mario games as of late however, are designed with co-op multiplayer in mind, so yes, they ****ing need online
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9TAoRPosted 10/26/2013 7:48:13 AM
Need? No.
Should have? Yes.
#10lp913Posted 10/26/2013 7:56:28 AM
I'm personally SICK of this stupid question. Playing Mario multiplayer isn't the same as playing COD multiplayer or even Mario Kart multiplayer, especially online. For everyone choosing no here's something to ponder: How many platformers (from any gaming company) actually have a robust online multiplayer mode? If there's any that does, how many of them have been successful and have active communities still from launch to present time? IF you have a difficult time answering this, then there is nothing else to discuss here.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]