If the next Zelda has motion-control exclusivity I'm going to explode.

#1ajko000Posted 10/26/2013 3:35:15 AM
Stop it Nintendo, nobody cares anymore, you already broke ground, stop digging into the mantle, you'll only burn yourself.

/endrant

They never work properly, and they're always extremely finicky, not to mention how much more of an effort you need to make to actually play the game. Why can't I just hold a controller in my lap and press some buttons? The only time I ever liked them was Metroid Prime 3, and even then, dual joystick support with the CC would've been better.

I can't possibly be the only one right? I mean, it's such a niche control scheme.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8X_Ot0k4XJc
#2GuyverAssasinPosted 10/26/2013 4:08:48 AM
Agreed. Having played skyward fetch before wind waker, I grew to hate it and its trash control scheme. Anyone that defends that games horrible flight/swimming controls needs to singe the fanboy goggles off their face. Enjoyed wind waker a helluva lot more simply because motion controls were not shoved up my ass.
---
"This is not an FPS, please don't teabag my dead corpse after you win, Thank you"-MvC3 random after getting scraped by me.
#3Lemmywinks13Posted 10/26/2013 4:13:37 AM
I loved Skyward Sword. Don't suck.
#4wingo84Posted 10/26/2013 4:17:58 AM
Motion controls were amazing... only down point was a right handed link

Also, he's said the game will utilise the Gamepad to the fullest ... there WILL be motion controls in there just not Skyward sword style.
---
NNID - Wingo84
Learning the flute/Contemplating buying a 3DS
#5EternalDividePosted 10/26/2013 4:45:56 AM
I swore off any games with motion controls years ago. They only serve to trash what could otherwise be great games. I'm looking at you DKCR.
---
Square Enix: Crushing dreams since 2003
Elbow Rocket!
#6GuyverAssasinPosted 10/26/2013 4:46:42 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
I loved Skyward Sword. Don't suck.

Nintendrone at its finest. god forbid someone dislikes those genius motion controls.
---
"This is not an FPS, please don't teabag my dead corpse after you win, Thank you"-MvC3 random after getting scraped by me.
#7sonicnewboyPosted 10/26/2013 4:48:11 AM
Do light gun shooters qualify as motion controls? Because I thought the umbrella chronicles was quite fun.

Still haven't played SKyward Sword tho, but I'm excited. I don't mind being a little active.
#8sonicsonicPosted 10/26/2013 4:55:02 AM
I thought they did the motion controls well. Got side-tracked ha;f-way through the game, resumed playing 6 months later. Despite such a long period away from the game, I could remember how to do everything.

I think the controls were good, but I don't care if the next one has them or not.
#9segagamerPosted 10/26/2013 4:59:54 AM
Aonuma has been looking back at his mistakes recently.

I would not worry, tc.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#10Beatperson14Posted 10/26/2013 5:19:12 AM
wingo84 posted...
Motion controls were amazing... only down point was a right handed link

Also, he's said the game will utilise the Gamepad to the fullest ... there WILL be motion controls in there just not Skyward sword style.

This. There's probably gonna be some 'swipe to swing' gimmick if nothing else.