OMG! So it was Yoshiaki Koizumi that made the Zelda Space World 2000 Tech Demo!?

#11TruthPosted 10/26/2013 4:45:32 PM
Man, I'm shocked! Is there anything great Koizumi has not done? It all becomes clear why Aonuma never liked the tech demo; he didn't even make it! I finally agree with all those people saying Koizumi should replace Aonuma as head of LoZ. Sure, I love TP as my 2nd fave Zelda after OoT, but just look at what Koizumi has done in the past:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshiaki_Koizumi

Also, here's the tech demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEF9Utdu-L0

Seriously, is there any doubt that this man is qualified to replace Aonuma? I can honestly say that he's the man that should have been given the keys to the LoZ series after MM, not Aonuma. Miyamoto really goofed up on that decision. If Koizumi turned his Space World 2000 Tech Demo into a full game for GC (not the cel-shaded trash we got from Aonuma), the Zelda series would be at Call of Duty levels of sales and popularity right now. Heck, the GameCube may have even sold on par with PS2, rather than being a distant second.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2GodofLazinessPosted 10/26/2013 4:49:33 PM(edited)
You lost me at cell shaded trash.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#3Canas_RenvallPosted 10/26/2013 4:52:49 PM
GodofLaziness posted...

---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#41Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 4:58:08 PM
GodofLaziness posted...

Through the eyes of the average mainstream gamer back when TWW was announced in 2001 through to release in 2003, it was indeed cel-shaded trash. I still remember many friends in high school that never bought the game (or even a GameCube) because of the downgrade in graphics compared to the Space World 2000 tech demo.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#5SevynePosted 10/26/2013 4:59:10 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
#6segagamerPosted 10/26/2013 4:59:33 PM
Here are the Zelda games in his bio.

LTTP: Printed art work, layout and story of the manual

Awakening: Story, script writer, manual writer

Ocarina: 3D system director, story, character design (Child Link, Adult Link, Child Zelda, Adult Zelda), creator of "Z-Targeting System"

Majora: Game system director, story, character design (Link, Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link, Fierce Deity Link), creator of "Three-Day System"

WW: Ninth assistant director (NPC events on Windfall Island)

Ocarina 3D: Supervisor

Strange how he did many important things in Ocarina and Majora, but really didn't do much for WW.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#7VyersPosted 10/26/2013 4:59:43 PM
Sorry Truth. I don't see value in replacing Aonuma with someone who made a tech demo that was utterly devoid of any and all soul that the Zelda series was known for.

But yes, you're right. Before people gave it a chance, it received poor reception. After people played it, it received great reception. It's regarded as one of the best-looking games of the last generation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThankTheBear Subscribe for LPs of Pokemon Snap, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Super Mario Bros. 3, Bionicle, and more~!
#8Jian_ZiPosted 10/26/2013 5:00:54 PM
1Truth posted...
GodofLaziness posted...

Through the eyes of the average mainstream gamer back when TWW was announced in 2001 through to release in 2003, it was indeed cel-shaded trash. I still remember many friends in high school that never bought the game (or even a GameCube) because of the downgrade in graphics compared to the Space World 2000 tech demo.

I wouldn't call it a downgrade. Just a different style of graphics. Both look nice, but they are just different art styles is all. Neither one is better than the other.
#9nickvd8Posted 10/26/2013 5:01:46 PM
1Truth posted...
GodofLaziness posted...

Just because the art style is more cartoony than realistic doesn't mean it's a downgrade or trash. I'll even give you an example. Go look at "realistic" style shooters on the PS2 and compare them to TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect. Which one holds up?

Spoiler alert* TimeSplitters does because of it's cartoony art style.
#10IokuaPosted 10/26/2013 5:02:57 PM(edited)
1Truth posted...
GodofLaziness posted...

The average mainstream gamer in 2003 was a moron, it appears you are still an average mainstream gamer from 2003.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.