OMG! So it was Yoshiaki Koizumi that made the Zelda Space World 2000 Tech Demo!?

#51MotiJrPosted 10/28/2013 9:01:32 PM
donkeyjack posted...
MotiJr posted...
Why do you normal everyday people with no business qualifications feel so self important that you think your ill conceived ideas have any merit? Seriously, are you delusional or just that arrogant?

LOL@ you and your fallacies.

LOL @ you and your arrognce
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#52Emerald_WyvernPosted 10/28/2013 9:56:45 PM
Nah, Galv, Hiroyuki Ito should.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#53secret_kumitePosted 10/31/2013 7:30:42 PM
Vyers posted...

1. http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6hx1vt0PJ1qzj5ggo1_500.jpg

2. Hi outliers! How's it going? Oh, what's that you say? That the designers went on record that the realistic style of OoT and MM were not artistic styles?

3. Subjectiveness, ho! Sorry bby, but all you're arguing right now is nostalgia. TWW is the natural evolution of ALttP's cartoonish style. I guess Link didn't cook enough fools for you to feel it was mature enough. Perhaps he needed a low rider and machine gun.

4. To confirm: the next Zelda game should be an open-world FPS w/ hack 'n slash action.

1) NICE NES GRAPHICS!!! I had no idea the NES could churn in-game graphics like this. Oh dear, now that I think about it, the SNES was a step back!!!

2) Who is outliers? Wait a sec, are you saying I am an alt of an account named outliers? Oh dear... is that why you're being such a **** to me here? I guess I should stop reading the rest of the smack you're surely going to post after this...

3) > Comments on subjectiveness; >Argues a specific art style is THE way to go. trolololololo.

4) No. But it should be something that is not more reminiscent of the powerpuff girls or My Little Pony than Lord of the Rings or Skyrim.
#54secret_kumitePosted 10/31/2013 7:38:31 PM
VenomSymbiote posted...
When the Zelda Space World trailer came out back in 2000 I honestly thought it looked rather poor. I mean some might have flipped their lid with it being 3d and all but to me it just looked creepy and weird. This coming from someone who enjoyed shows like ReBoot and Beast Wars. Perhaps it's because Zelda was an established series and having these strange 3d models moving around just looked bad to me, I dunno. Looking at it now I can safely say it does look rather bad. I much prefer how Wind Waker looks over it.

Well now that you mention it, the spaceworld 2000 demo DOES look a bit creepy and weird, because Link had this plasticky, lifeless look to his face, and something about how the characters move feels a bit unnatural and strange.

However, it was still impressive, especially considering that it was the beginning of the realistic/"what's next" for Zelda.

Basically, the spaceworld 2000 tech demo was this was to OoT: http://www.zeldaelements.net/images/games/ocarina_of_time/development_history/demo.jpg

Only in this case the would-be OoT got substituted for WW.
#55TiaelPosted 11/5/2013 1:20:11 PM
1Truth posted...
VenomSymbiote posted...
When the Zelda Space World trailer came out back in 2000 I honestly thought it looked rather poor. I mean some might have flipped their lid with it being 3d and all but to me it just looked creepy and weird. This coming from someone who enjoyed shows like ReBoot and Beast Wars. Perhaps it's because Zelda was an established series and having these strange 3d models moving around just looked bad to me, I dunno. Looking at it now I can safely say it does look rather bad. I much prefer how Wind Waker looks over it.

TWW looks very blocky and ugly compared to the Space World 2000 demo. It still does till this day.

Whatever you say Galv.
How's Ito treating you?
Wine and dine?
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3052701/
Trails in the Sky SC - http://i.imgur.com/qT369Jv.gif
#56kylemcauliffe15Posted 11/5/2013 1:46:58 PM
1Truth posted...
GodofLaziness posted...
You lost me at cell shaded trash.

Through the eyes of the average mainstream gamer back when TWW was announced in 2001 through to release in 2003, it was indeed cel-shaded trash. I still remember many friends in high school that never bought the game (or even a GameCube) because of the downgrade in graphics compared to the Space World 2000 tech demo.

Stylized realism, and anything of the sort, isn't inherently superior to cel shadedness or 2D. So calling it a downgrade is way off the mark.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#57KogamiShimaPosted 11/5/2013 1:50:08 PM
segagamer posted...
Here are the Zelda games in his bio.
Zelda), creator of "Z-Targeting System" ahem. http://www.1up.com/features/4-ways-mega-man-legends-ocarina

#58DontMindIfIDoPosted 11/5/2013 1:55:47 PM
I've always hated that tech demo. I'll never understand why anybody thought it was so epically awesome. It looked like a cartoony game that was trying to be realistic and it looked ugly. I liked Wind Waker's style better because it knew exactly what it wanted to be.
#59dbzkenPosted 11/5/2013 11:51:08 PM
The 2000 demo really looked that good to you, huh? Huh, maybe at the time. TP blows that out of the water, especially cutscenes. To me it looks like a Oot Remake. I can appreciate hardcore graphics but wind waker is pretty special.
#60donkeyjackPosted 11/5/2013 11:52:43 PM
Zelda never looked realistic at all.

The hell?
---
"Live on the run police paying me to give in my gun/Trick the wisdom with the system that imprisoned my son." - Nas Esco Circa '95