My gamepad died for the first time today

#1segagamerPosted 10/26/2013 7:44:16 PM
Curse you 4 hours of wwhd and deus ex!!!

*Waits 2 hours, plays deus ex for 2 hours

I never play that long, and had nothing better to do...
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#2wiseguy100Posted 10/26/2013 8:02:06 PM
You can use the gamepad whilst it's charging!
---
360 gamertag, PSN ID and Wii U - wiseguy100
#3segagamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2013 8:04:17 PM
wiseguy100 posted...

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 10/26/2013 8:38:31 PM
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#5funguy2233Posted 10/26/2013 8:59:12 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.

How does it work on the pc? I'm thinking of buying one for the same reason and I wanted to know if you just plug and play with it and if it works with everything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfH-uTQbxCk
#6DTY3Posted 10/26/2013 9:01:31 PM
It would probably take too long to charge via USB.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 10/26/2013 9:06:32 PM
funguy2233 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

How does it work on the pc? I'm thinking of buying one for the same reason and I wanted to know if you just plug and play with it and if it works with everything.

http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

Just Google a tutorial / guide to installing x360ce. Takes about 20 minutes to set up (make sure you get the prerequisite files like .Net), but the gist of it is the controller is automatically good to go on PC but not games accommodate its button mapping so x360ce translates it to the 360 controller's mapping which almost all games that support gamepads support. I've been using it on Skyrim, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and FPS games without problems. It's better than the 360 controller because it has a better d-pad. And naturally it will work with the PS3 but the home button doesn't work on it since Home is different (you can hit Home on a PS3 controller and get it to work that way while you're using the PS4 controller though).
---
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 10/26/2013 9:07:15 PM
DTY3 posted...

Pro controller battery life and ease of use via USB has spoiled me.
---
#9shanafanPosted 10/26/2013 9:14:17 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

Such exists:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Cable-USB-Charge-10FT-Wii-U/dp/B00CQBBON8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382847247&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+charge+cable
---
XBL / PSN / NNID : shanafan
3DS Friend Code: 4656 6931 2297
#10DTY3Posted 10/26/2013 9:34:38 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
DTY3 posted...

Pro controller battery life and ease of use via USB has spoiled me.

Of course the Pro Controller is a gimped Gamepad, so the battery life is amazing.
---
You know the gaming industry is **** when the biggest announcement is that a console can play used games and won't totally screw you over.