My gamepad died for the first time today

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. My gamepad died for the first time today
3 years ago#11
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...
You can use the gamepad whilst it's charging!

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...

You could always unplug the charging dock and move the cable around to plug it directly into the Gamepad.
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3 years ago#12
shanafan posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.

Such exists:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Cable-USB-Charge-10FT-Wii-U/dp/B00CQBBON8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382847247&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+charge+cable

I had seen that but questioned its quality. Third party stuff I buy is usually junk, so I stopped buying third party stuff.
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
3 years ago#13
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.

Lol. The Wii U gamepad uses too much power to be charged from a usb port in a resonable amount of time. (At least from the Wii U's usb port which can't even run a usb hdd without a usb y cable.) It certainly couldn't keep it charged while it's on a usb port.
The gamepads charger can output at 1.6amps. A typical usb port is only made to put out upto .5 amps, although some pc's usb ports can manage 1 amp. Usb isn't really a good alternitive for charging the gamepad. What really needs to happen is for nintendo to sell the charger, so people can have an extra one.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. My gamepad died for the first time today

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived