My gamepad died for the first time today

#11Turbo_TRexPosted 10/26/2013 8:37:44 PM
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...
You can use the gamepad whilst it's charging!

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...

You could always unplug the charging dock and move the cable around to plug it directly into the Gamepad.
---
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
#12NovaLevossidaPosted 10/26/2013 9:21:37 PM
shanafan posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

I did for two seconds to save, but I have a charging dock with cord behind a shelf...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.

Such exists:
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Cable-USB-Charge-10FT-Wii-U/dp/B00CQBBON8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382847247&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+charge+cable

I had seen that but questioned its quality. Third party stuff I buy is usually junk, so I stopped buying third party stuff.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#13PlaysaverPosted 10/26/2013 11:27:01 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
segagamer posted...
wiseguy100 posted...

^ I really wish Nintendo would release a charge cable that connects via USB to the system itself like the Pro controller does. I picked up a PS4 controller this morning to use on the PC (and get acclimated to it in advance of launch), and while I typically play with a wired 360 controller, I can't fault any controller for giving a USB charge option.

Lol. The Wii U gamepad uses too much power to be charged from a usb port in a resonable amount of time. (At least from the Wii U's usb port which can't even run a usb hdd without a usb y cable.) It certainly couldn't keep it charged while it's on a usb port.
The gamepads charger can output at 1.6amps. A typical usb port is only made to put out upto .5 amps, although some pc's usb ports can manage 1 amp. Usb isn't really a good alternitive for charging the gamepad. What really needs to happen is for nintendo to sell the charger, so people can have an extra one.