Should I buy a WiiU?

#1KazukiJuraiPosted 10/27/2013 12:10:07 AM
I've been pretty out of the loop on anything Nintendo that isn't Duel Destinies, so I have no idea what the WiiU has to offer besides the new Smash that's coming out... next year I think? And that one game that's made by the guys who did Viewtiful Joe. And Monster Hunter.

Anyways, what notable third party games have been released lately/are going to be released within three months or so? I'm not really interested in most of Nintendo's first party games, so yeah.
A new Donkey Kong or Metroid would be cool though.
---
PSN: Termonator64 | 3DS FC: 2363-6485-7802
UMvC3: Phoenix Wright/Viewtiful Joe/Akuma | BBCSEX: Lambda-11 | P4A: Naoto & Yosuke | TTT2: Lars/Jun
#2aiyobroPosted 10/27/2013 12:34:11 AM
No, everyone comes here to complain about it hoping others won't make the same mistake.
#3Motobug321Posted 10/27/2013 12:37:41 AM
KazukiJurai posted...
I've been pretty out of the loop on anything Nintendo that isn't Duel Destinies, so I have no idea what the WiiU has to offer besides the new Smash that's coming out... next year I think? And that one game that's made by the guys who did Viewtiful Joe. And Monster Hunter.

Anyways, what notable third party games have been released lately/are going to be released within three months or so? I'm not really interested in most of Nintendo's first party games, so yeah.
A new Donkey Kong or Metroid would be cool though.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is coming out in February, but no Metroid has been announced yet.

Honestly, if your main focus is third party games, Wii U is probably not the console for you. Nintendo consoles are mostly for the first party games nowadays. However, there are some occasional standouts. Rayman Legends, for example, while not exclusive, is by far the best version on Wii U, with some exclusive levels, off tv play, and 5 player co-op. The Wonderful 101 also came out somewhat recently as third party exclusive, made by the developers as Bayonetta, Okami and Viewtiful Joe. Sonic Lost World is coming out in a few days, too, and it looks really good, especially for a 3D Sonic game.

Various other games coming out include Super Mario 3D World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLOKVABfrzw

Mario Kart 8:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA6CAgv6p6g

Bayonetta 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFu1hsOtuM

X (the one I'm most excited for):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg

Pikmin 3 and The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD are both already out, too.

Overall, I'd say the system is getting a very solid library, but if your main focus really is the third party support, the PS4 might be the better choice for you.
#4AnimeGamer200Posted 10/27/2013 12:49:27 AM
I can give you a list of well known Third party games. I'm not sure what kind of games your into though.
(As I was typing the list I didn't realize how many there where. o_o)

/Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate-- Sold 500,000 on the Wii U, witch is really good!
/Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut-- I heard it's better then the original release.
/Rayman Legends-- Really good game.
/Call of Duty: Ghost-- I'm personally not into shotters, but I do watch my borther play them and they do look like fun if your into those type of games.
/ZombieU-- It's a love it or hate it game, but a lot of people, even reviewers, says it dose try something new and it really just needed some work before it's great.
/Sonic Lost World-- It's another love it or hate it game, It really divides the fans in half.
/Assassins Creed III-- Hear it's a fun game.
/Assassins Creed IV-- It's coming out soon, and the Devs say it's in between current and next gen graphics. (Personally if the games do HD, it looks good to me)
/Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games-- I never played the others, but this one will have "Online play", (Witch was really needed) so that makes it something to look into.
/Lego Marvel Super Heroes-- If you like Marvel and Lego games... Get it!
/Lego City Undercover-- The only bad things I can think about the game is the loading times and some say it might be easy in some parts.
/Resident Evil: Revelations-- Not the same as the 3DS one, but it dose have some cool Miiverse stuff I think.
/Scribblenauts Unmasked and (: A DC Comics Adventure)-- This is a REALLY fun game where you let your mind go crazy. lol
/Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem-- Shin Megami Tensei games are always something to look out for if your into RPGs.
/Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed-- I heard its good.
/Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist-- I hear it's good for newcomers of the series. Sadly I heard it sold poorly on ALL systems. :(
/Batman: Arkham City-- Can't go wrong with this if your a Batman fan!
/DuckTales: Remastered-- A good attempt at remaking a classic.
/Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know!-- The last game on the DS and 3DS was actually really good!
#5BalloonBattle05Posted 10/29/2013 2:32:51 PM
And like the first three titles, M&S will simply have leaderboards.
---
A GameFAQs user from August 1, 2010 to March 27, 2012.
Known as Megaleg back then.
#6bigjnycPosted 10/29/2013 2:37:50 PM
Batman Orgins was just released and Call of Duty will be out soon as well.
---
You can get me on XBL and Mii Verse as bigJnyc...feel free to add me
#7b1gt0nePosted 10/29/2013 2:47:33 PM
aiyobro posted...
No, everyone comes here to complain about it hoping others won't make the same mistake.

No they don't, only the losers that wish they had a WiiU come here and complain.

*clears throat*
#8segagamerPosted 10/29/2013 3:17:23 PM
TC, if you do not I will have to commit sepuku.
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
#9Dannyson97Posted 10/29/2013 3:58:26 PM
Great console with great games you won't regret.
Reccomend Nintendo Land(with friends), WonderFul 101, Sonic Lost Worlds, Pikimin 3, Monster Hunter 3U, NSMBU(if you haven't played any other of the series unless you liked it), Super Mario 3D World, Zombie U.
Don't forget the multiplats if you haven't picked it up for another console, Rayman Legends, Injustice, etc.
And future releases like X, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros U, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Kart 8.
If you don't buy the SegaGamer will kill himself.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#10stalemate_666Posted 10/29/2013 4:14:02 PM
No Nintendo always had worst 3rd party support and isn't getting next gen multiplats (ie anything new not on ps3/360)
---
psn: Stalemate666