I wish Nintendo made more "artsy" games.

#141SuperMarioDSFanPosted 10/27/2013 8:25:19 PM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
Yep, manmouse you hit it right on the head.

The ONLY Ganon that has motivation that is believable is Ocarina of Time. From what I gathered his people (Gerudos) were segregated from the rest of Hyrule and unjustly treated like thieves/bandits (basically a tale of the Roma people) and he wanted to purge the world of that injustice. But was corrupted by the outright power of the triforce piece.

I may be wrong on that part because outside of that I really didn't like Ocarina of Time at all.

Except you are trying to break down zelda to its most simple parts, while bolstering SOTC behind the guise of deep philosophical ideas. While I believe the connections are there, I don't believe you are giving Zelda enough credit. It doesn't sound like you know a lot about the series except for random tidbits and a couple games. Before you make claims, I think you should know the games you are so easily dismissing.
#142MarkthePhoenixPosted 10/27/2013 8:39:58 PM
Seriously, who has the time to read the walls of text some of you guys type? 0_0
#143manmousePosted 10/27/2013 8:47:02 PM
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Seriously, who has the time to read the walls of text some of you guys type? 0_0

people who are interested in the conversation i guess.

if you take out all the "no u," "no u," "no u," posts, this topic could be condensed down to like 4 pages.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#144MelkacPosted 10/27/2013 10:14:00 PM
DrSouljaBoi69 posted...
VideoGamer1990 posted...
I think Zelda works as Nintendo's artsy series(and not just Windwaker), although the Yoshi games are also pretty artsy.

Zelda games don't have a good storyline or much of anything that great really. Wind Waker is a fun game and so is ALTTP but that's about it for me.

Time to leave, guys.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtKmH_Mgjc
Just when you thought nobody liked Torchic
#145pearl arowanaPosted 10/27/2013 11:22:46 PM
jragon23 posted...
They prefer making 2d sidescrollers with less depth than angry birds, but charged at full price

this...

subtle change.. no online.. imagine how much time and money they save, and still they can charge it full price.... gold mine
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#146DrSouljaBoi69(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 2:45:24 AM
At least nbean got his just deserts. Also bump
---
Posted using GameFlux
#147blankempathyPosted 10/28/2013 2:57:41 AM
pearl arowana posted...
jragon23 posted...
They prefer making 2d sidescrollers with less depth than angry birds, but charged at full price

this...

subtle change.. no online.. imagine how much time and money they save, and still they can charge it full price.... gold mine

Just your typical "herp derp Nintendo sucks" comment. I don't even think you play video games since I've never seen you post on any other board. I at least see some of these trolls posting on other boards but you seem to spend all your time on here. Did Nintendo hurt your feelngs? Is lashing out at them on some random internet forums helping you cope?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#148AvirosbPosted 10/28/2013 4:16:56 AM
Lots of people being bored here.

"I wish Nintendo made more "artsy" games."
You're free to wish, but "artsty" games don't sell, so don't expect Nintendo to make them when their popular franchises are already doing poorly.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#149sonic777Posted 10/28/2013 8:05:58 AM
blankempathy posted...
pearl arowana posted...
jragon23 posted...

this...

Just your typical "herp derp Nintendo sucks" comment. I don't even think you play video games since I've never seen you post on any other board. I at least see some of these trolls posting on other boards but you seem to spend all your time on here. Did Nintendo hurt your feelngs? Is lashing out at them on some random internet forums helping you cope?

Did you really go to every other board on GameFAQs to check if pearl posts there?
---
3DS FC: 1349-4416-3126
Rock Type: Corsola, Dwebble, and Barbaracle
#150TheMisterManGuyPosted 10/29/2013 11:40:06 AM
jragon23 posted...

Because sidescrollers are the only things Nintendo makes right? But to answer your question TC, I think you might want to play Pikmin, WarioWare, DKC, EarthBound, Majora's Mask, Metroid, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, and the Mario RPG's. All these I would consider "artsy".
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.