destructoid gives Arkham Origins 3.5/10

#71NovaLevossidaPosted 10/28/2013 12:43:50 PM
Sterling's not going to care if you think he's fat. He ****ed a ***** (seriously, that's censored?) on video on Destructoid to prove a point.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#72Hi CPosted 10/28/2013 12:45:43 PM
Zareth posted...
Iokua posted...
Two reviews, one of which does not meet my requirements, does no change anything.

You realize he gave Arkham City an 8.5/10, right?

Which was far more generous than that 5/10 game deserved.

This entire franchise has done even less than Assassins Creed has to do something new AND it's starting to throw gamebreaker bugs in the mix as well. Score well deserved.
---
You'll be my John G.
#73MinamoPosted 10/28/2013 12:52:34 PM(edited)
Hi C posted...
Zareth posted...
Iokua posted...
Two reviews, one of which does not meet my requirements, does no change anything.

You realize he gave Arkham City an 8.5/10, right?

Which was far more generous than that 5/10 game deserved.

This entire franchise has done even less than Assassins Creed has to do something new AND it's starting to throw gamebreaker bugs in the mix as well. Score well deserved.

Finally, someone with some sense. Arkham City was somewhat enjoyable, but it was wholly average at best. "IT'S BATMAN THOUGH!" is not enough to warrant the obnoxiously glowing reviews City got. People are just desperate for a good superhero game and will latch onto anything that doesn't crap itself visually and mechanically when you put it into the disc tray. I can't blame them for wanting a good superhero game, but have some standards.
---
Pokemon X: 0860-3255-9151 (Character Name: Rin)
Friend Safari: Sliggoo, Gabite and Dragonair
#74SpookyryuPosted 10/28/2013 1:12:47 PM
jZangetsu21 posted...
I haven't had a single issue with the game, but I am playing it on PC since I heard so many people having issues on PS3 and X360.

How is it on the Wii U? Just curious as I don't own one ^^

WII U is much better by far, and PC also has some issues, I think there is a video about trying to reach the comm tower on amusement mile, or something like that, you might encounter issue later on
#75hiplockPosted 10/28/2013 1:17:24 PM
I understand the need to give a game a rating. So readers can quickly look up and see if its recommended or not. Shouldn't be a number system. Its up for too much debate whether 5 is average or 7 is average. I always preferred the letter grading system. C being average. Helps to cut down on score inflation because C is always average. Just seems like a waste when you have a 10 point system, but only really use 7 - 10.
#76SaintTweeterPosted 10/28/2013 1:17:34 PM
I like all the people talking about how fat Jim is and how he isn't taking care of himself. Go watch a Jimquisition video from over a year ago, then watch one from the past few weeks. Sure he's still fat, but it should obvious he's lost weight recently. "Fat shaming" a video game critic is one of the strangest things I've seen on GameFAQs.
---
Potemkin's new design in Guilty Gear Xrd is awesome. Radical change ain't always a bad thing!
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa
#77NerdimusPrimePosted 10/28/2013 1:24:03 PM
SaintTweeter posted...
I like all the people talking about how fat Jim is and how he isn't taking care of himself. Go watch a Jimquisition video from over a year ago, then watch one from the past few weeks. Sure he's still fat, but it should obvious he's lost weight recently. "Fat shaming" a video game critic is one of the strangest things I've seen on GameFAQs.

"fat shaming"? Yes, being morbidly obese is a shameful state of being, it's highly indicative of a lack of caring for oneself. If pointing it out bothers fat people, they should stop being fat. Solid diet, exercise and a little self control goes a long way. If you are ashamed of your state of being then do something to change it.
---
I am a gamer. I play Chess, Checkers, Risk, Scrabble, Poker, Magic, Pool, Horseshoes, DnD, Dominos, and Tic-Tac-Toe, just for starters. I also like video games.
#78sheepthiefPosted 10/28/2013 1:29:23 PM
Wow
#79Yelnam-26Posted 10/28/2013 1:35:17 PM
I haven't played the game but it sounds disappointing. Hopefully it doesn't tarnish the quality of the previous titles.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#80SKStylezPosted 10/28/2013 1:40:39 PM
"It's contemptuously pissed all over what Rocksteady accomplished with the previous Arkham games and **** out a soulless wreckage of a game. The only good in Origins comes from work already accomplished in previous games, with a whole lot of bad added in."

See, it actually feels like he's writing with passion. He loved that series, and he hates seeing it milked (Halo is in danger of that now since Bungie left).

I'm not gonna bother reading the full review, cause frankly I don't care. But of course it's not a "3.5" game, he's just speaking from the heart and what they did hurts.