C/D: you would buy Mario Generations

#1RemixDeluxePosted 10/28/2013 5:22:57 PM(edited)
You would buy this game - Results (107 votes)
Yes, take my money NAO
71.03% (76 votes)
Lol no
28.97% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It would be 1:1 of Sonic Generations but instead featuring the Mario cast instead. 16 bit Mario working together with HD Mario to beat down their duo nemesis Bowser in an epic battle.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2ImGanondorfLolPosted 10/28/2013 5:23:14 PM
Just because I'd buy it doesn't mean I'd favor this idea. Flawed poll.
#3GamespohtPosted 10/28/2013 5:26:44 PM
I don't think Modern Mario plays that differently to how Classic Mario plays, the gameplay has never drasticaly changed compared to much Modern Sonic has changed compared to Classic Sonic

D
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#4HermeticJusticePosted 10/28/2013 5:33:19 PM
C

A main title Mario game is never a bad idea
---
Currently Watching:
St. Elsewhere, Days of Our Lives, Full House
#5RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 9:57:34 PM
bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#6manmousePosted 10/28/2013 10:19:44 PM
Gamespoht posted...
I don't think Modern Mario plays that differently to how Classic Mario plays, the gameplay has never drasticaly changed compared to much Modern Sonic has changed compared to Classic Sonic

D

i think it did change. NES and SNES Mario is EXTREMELY fast and lightweight, has a huge jump arc (bigger than any 3D Mario) with total control over it, and always has a small and big size, and his powerups are subtle and useful for almost all situations except the Frog suit.

modern Mario only started changing sizes with the NSMB series, feels way heavier and burdened by his weight, has heavier launching jumps with less distance unless he runs+crouches, powerups are usually for bonus skills for specific mechanics (except NSMB) such as Bee suit, Metal Mario, Invisi-Mario, Rock Mario, Spring Mario, Boo Mario, etc, (or in Sunshine when they weren't even relevant) whereas classic Mario's powerups were standard fare for the main gameplay 95% of the time (as mentioned earlier, the Frog Suit is the exception, being useless in dry levels).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#7TheIastspartanPosted 10/28/2013 10:24:35 PM(edited)
Gamespoht posted...

D

This pretty much sums it up.

Mario in 3D plays like a natural evolution of Mario in 2D, for the most part. Whereas Sonic got entirely new mechanics and play-styles(to a MUCH bigger extent than Mario).
#8zero_x300Posted 10/28/2013 10:24:05 PM
I'd be okay with it. What they really need to do is remake Super Mario All Stars in HD.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc
3DS Friend Code: 3282-2536-0059 Name: Rick
#9RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 11:00:07 PM
zero_x300 posted...
I'd be okay with it. What they really need to do is remake Super Mario All Stars in HD.

Isnt there 2-3 ports of that game? no, please no.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 10/28/2013 11:01:00 PM
It would be 1:1 of Sonic Generations but instead featuring the Mario cast instead. 16 bit Mario working together with HD Mario to beat down their duo nemesis Bowser in an epic battle.

Well, I got a laugh out of that. The only HD Mario thus far is from New Super Mario Bros. U.

Not a bad idea I guess but with the NSMB series retreading the old stuff so much, half the game would basically be NSMB in essence anyway. I can't say that I'd get excited for that.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL