C/D: you would buy Mario Generations

#21scoobydoobydontPosted 10/29/2013 11:38:45 AM
If classic Mario means SNES era Mario and 3D Mario is 64 style Mario, yes. If its the far more likely scenario of NSMB and 3DL/W styles, pass.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#22NovaLevossidaPosted 10/29/2013 11:44:41 AM
RemixDeluxe posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
It would be 1:1 of Sonic Generations but instead featuring the Mario cast instead. 16 bit Mario working together with HD Mario to beat down their duo nemesis Bowser in an epic battle.

Well, I got a laugh out of that. The only HD Mario thus far is from New Super Mario Bros. U.

Not a bad idea I guess but with the NSMB series retreading the old stuff so much, half the game would basically be NSMB in essence anyway. I can't say that I'd get excited for that.

Technical much? The idea is that you would play 3D stages with the HD Mario and 2D with the 16 bit Mario. Why the hell does it matter how often HD Mario was featured, you should get the point at what I'm getting at.

Yeah, technical. You got my point. I still don't see the appeal in it because the NSMB series is so prevalent that a Generations style game where half of it is 2D is basically half of another NSMB game. Unlike Sonic's brief stint with Sonic 4, Mario's been getting plenty of 2D games. Sonic hasn't, so that's a lot of why Generations was appreciated. Would it be kind of cool to see re-imagining concepts of old levels? Sure. But they'd basically just be another NSMB with different graphics. Competent, but hard to get excited about.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#23RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 2:27:04 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
Mario Generations would basically be Super Mario 3D Word and NSMBU on the same disc as a bundle deal.

To an extent. You're correct.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#24RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 2:28:12 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
RemixDeluxe posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
It would be 1:1 of Sonic Generations but instead featuring the Mario cast instead. 16 bit Mario working together with HD Mario to beat down their duo nemesis Bowser in an epic battle.

Well, I got a laugh out of that. The only HD Mario thus far is from New Super Mario Bros. U.

Not a bad idea I guess but with the NSMB series retreading the old stuff so much, half the game would basically be NSMB in essence anyway. I can't say that I'd get excited for that.

Technical much? The idea is that you would play 3D stages with the HD Mario and 2D with the 16 bit Mario. Why the hell does it matter how often HD Mario was featured, you should get the point at what I'm getting at.

Yeah, technical. You got my point. I still don't see the appeal in it because the NSMB series is so prevalent that a Generations style game where half of it is 2D is basically half of another NSMB game. Unlike Sonic's brief stint with Sonic 4, Mario's been getting plenty of 2D games. Sonic hasn't, so that's a lot of why Generations was appreciated. Would it be kind of cool to see re-imagining concepts of old levels? Sure. But they'd basically just be another NSMB with different graphics. Competent, but hard to get excited about.

I'm the one who created the topic. Your suppose to see it from my point.
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#25RemixDeluxe(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 12:36:57 PM
Bump
---
-Shadow the Hedgehog