worth investing in a wii before eventually getting a wii u?

#1ToastyAnakinPosted 10/29/2013 12:31:41 PM
It seems I need to get some wii peripherals if i want to play them on the wii u...

There are a "few" gamecube titles I am interested in...so would it be worth getting a BC wii at this point? Or would it be overpriced?

I'm just asking because it seems like the Wii U is meant for people who have already owned a Wii.
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#2whoPosted 10/29/2013 12:37:21 PM
I'd get one if I didn't have one just for Gamecube games. The leaked Gamestop ad for Black Friday has the used Wii on sale for $40 and that comes with a controller and nun-chuck, which is almost like getting a free console with purchase of a controller.
#3Skill4ReelPosted 10/29/2013 12:38:27 PM
You can just buy a cheap ass Game Cube off of ebay for under $20 and play all of it's games that you want. Wii U is the way to go. It's two consoles in one with a lot of software to look forward to in the future.
#4NiftyManZPosted 10/29/2013 12:38:29 PM
If you are going to get a WiiU eventually, I would just get a GameCube and WiiU and skip the Wii. GameCubes are dirt cheap, and that is the only part of the Wii missing from the WiiU. And if it's just you, you really only need a Wii remote, numchuk, and pro controller to play everything. I think that's about $60 - $80 dollars.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#5BoomerTheGreatPosted 10/29/2013 12:38:34 PM
I didnt own a Wii before I got a Wii U. You dont need a Wii at all to go to a Wii U. I would advise getting the WW bundle before the bundle goes away unless you want the Mario bundle. Enjoy the gamepad and Wii U when you get it.
---
Greatness comes from within
#6ToastyAnakin(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 4:55:21 PM
who posted...
I'd get one if I didn't have one just for Gamecube games. The leaked Gamestop ad for Black Friday has the used Wii on sale for $40 and that comes with a controller and nun-chuck, which is almost like getting a free console with purchase of a controller.

how do i know if these play GCN games? The new wiis dont have bc right?
---
"if gears can be done on the 360, than any game can be done on the 360" (Wisdom_Cube) "I am the content doesn't inst rest me yet"(theroc500)
#7Beatperson14Posted 10/29/2013 4:57:36 PM
It's like 75% cheaper so... Yes
#8Golden MavenPosted 10/29/2013 5:02:18 PM
ToastyAnakin posted...
how do i know if these play GCN games? The new wiis dont have bc right?

The mini-Wii doesn't.

I do agree with most people here, get a Wii U and a used GC. Much more cost efficient.
#9b1gt0nePosted 10/29/2013 6:10:11 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
It's like 75% cheaper so... Yes

So all your hate stems from lack of money