Why doesnt nintendo ever release a major pokemon game on their Consoles?

#11hyjinx17Posted 10/30/2013 12:34:45 AM
Gamefreak has said they have no intention of doing this because they feel the spirit of the game is to carry your 3DS around to meet and battle/trade with people in person.

This of course works much better in japan where far more people per square mile have a 3DS and pokemon though.
---
FC 3883-5502-4640. PM if you add me
#12Snow-DustPosted 10/30/2013 12:37:00 AM
A remake of Pokemon red and blue on consoles... I would not preorder it, I would fund the project
#13TalentedMPosted 10/30/2013 12:41:18 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
Gamefreak has said they have no intention of doing this because they feel the spirit of the game is to carry your 3DS around to meet and battle/trade with people in person.

This of course works much better in japan where far more people per square mile have a 3DS and pokemon though.

My new favorite thing to think about is having a home to bring the Pokemon to and play there as well. Taking pokemon out and about is great, but when you get home you are still stuck on a screen.

Now with the transfer box they are making they are able to put them in and out of any game nearly seemlessly. Why not have a home version that the portable ones can connect to and have more adventures with there?

Doesn't make sense for them not to want to expand into home consoles and give more inteconnectivity between handhelds and home consoles. A pokemon hub on the Wii U with it being a full fledged game along with online battles with the same pokemon you go walking around with would be pretty awesome.

Make it something more along the lines of a vacation island with a story around it and some special pokemon you cant get in the handhelds and you have yourself your 3rd tie in game instead of making it for handhelds, put it on a console, get people involved.

I don't see why this could not be a thing.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#14Golden MavenPosted 10/30/2013 12:47:56 AM
It would be quite the gamble. I'm not sure it would have the impact people like to think it would. Would cost more than the portable games to make, yet would return less as portables tend to sell more.

Besides, Pokemon is past its prime.
#15VanderZooPosted 10/30/2013 12:52:58 AM
I just think they're lazy lol. They can make Pokemon for cheap on the handheld, it's a tried and true formula, they makes lots of money on it, simple. Making a console Pokemon would require more work and effort, and we all know Nintendo isn't fond of that lol. If they can do it for cheap, that's what they'll stick to.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#16XSilverPhoenixXPosted 10/30/2013 12:54:11 AM
Please be excited... for nothing.
#17deathwave21Posted 10/30/2013 5:21:48 AM
hyjinx17 posted...

Thus they polished the online so one does not have to leave their home to trade/battle around the world. That excuse is no longer valid.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#18Baha05Posted 10/30/2013 5:27:41 AM
VanderZoo posted...
I just think they're lazy lol. They can make Pokemon for cheap on the handheld, it's a tried and true formula, they makes lots of money on it, simple. Making a console Pokemon would require more work and effort, and we all know Nintendo isn't fond of that lol. If they can do it for cheap, that's what they'll stick to.

Or the concept for Pokemon is heavy on portability and putting it on console would not only damage that but would also damage profits of both versions. Plus Gamefreak itself is still a small development team and making a fully 3D console game would require it to drag on a bit.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#19YomigaeruPosted 10/30/2013 5:31:16 AM
deathwave21 posted...
hyjinx17 posted...

Thus they polished the online so one does not have to leave their home to trade/battle around the world. That excuse is no longer valid.

But the second bit is still valid. In Japan, handhelds are king, and the one sitting on that throne is the 3DS. Why spend money on a console game, when you can spend less on a handheld title and make a much larger profit from it.

You've got a country that is about the size of Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina combined...with about a fourth of the United States population. Mass transit is huge, and that's where handhelds shine.

GameFreak could do a console game...but it'd be a waste of money, quite frankly, when they can just keep selling handheld titles that cost less and sell more. I'd just like SOMEONE to give us a console experience comparable to Pokemon Stadium 2 (though it's unlikely due to the fact that there's not "Super Gameboy" equivalent for DS or 3DS).
---
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.
#20RemembrentPosted 10/30/2013 5:37:57 AM
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
Why do people constantly make this topic over and over and over and over again?

Should show you something right?

Nintendo has a massive opportunity and, for whatever reason, they don't care to take advantage of it.