Nintendo Sales Report Q2 2013 :/

#161MrBunglex420xPosted 10/30/2013 8:38:51 AM
There's soooo much stupidity going on in this board. Wish I had more time to reply to all these dumb posts.
---
I would call you a troll but that would be offensive to the ugly vile imbeciles. I think eternal virgin suits you better.
#162enigmamjPosted 10/30/2013 8:48:30 AM
I love my 3DS but so far the game selection on Wii U has not appealed to me enough to want the system. That will change when the new Xenoblade is released. Or if the Wii U gets a Fire Emblem game.
#163trenkenPosted 10/30/2013 8:53:35 AM
MrBunglex420x posted...
There's soooo much stupidity going on in this board. Wish I had more time to reply to all these dumb posts.

This guy thinks the U is doing well lol.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#164trenkenPosted 10/30/2013 8:55:29 AM
blankempathy posted...
trenken posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
trenken posted...
Wait, this is total life time sales? 3.91 mil? This is astoundingly low. They must be losing an epic fortune on this right now.

I still think they can pull it out, but thats just unbelievably low.

And they are losing money on each sale to boot. They are projecting 9 million consoles sold by March - not LTD, just this fiscal year. They expect to sell 8.5 million Wii U in the next six months. Absurd.

Yeah they are aiming high with that for sure. Maybe with these new sales figures they will get a bit more realistic about things, because how many people are spending $300 to play a sequel to a 3DS Mario game? They are out of their minds.

I cant see sales really picking up until after smash and mario kart are out. What do they have between now and next feb thats going to sell millions upon millions of consoles?

You'd be surprised. 3d world will move some units. Its got a lot of good hype going for it right now on most sites. How many systems will it move? I can't say. Nintendo needs to advertise it like crazy though.

It will sell some consoles, but the issue is they think they are going to sell 8 million U's between now and March. And with the delay of Donkey Kong, 3D World is pretty much the only big time game they have in that time. That game is not selling 8 million systems. Id be surprised if it helps sell 3 million.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#165blankempathyPosted 10/30/2013 8:58:44 AM
trenken posted...
blankempathy posted...
trenken posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
trenken posted...
Wait, this is total life time sales? 3.91 mil? This is astoundingly low. They must be losing an epic fortune on this right now.

I still think they can pull it out, but thats just unbelievably low.

And they are losing money on each sale to boot. They are projecting 9 million consoles sold by March - not LTD, just this fiscal year. They expect to sell 8.5 million Wii U in the next six months. Absurd.

Yeah they are aiming high with that for sure. Maybe with these new sales figures they will get a bit more realistic about things, because how many people are spending $300 to play a sequel to a 3DS Mario game? They are out of their minds.

I cant see sales really picking up until after smash and mario kart are out. What do they have between now and next feb thats going to sell millions upon millions of consoles?

You'd be surprised. 3d world will move some units. Its got a lot of good hype going for it right now on most sites. How many systems will it move? I can't say. Nintendo needs to advertise it like crazy though.

It will sell some consoles, but the issue is they think they are going to sell 8 million U's between now and March. And with the delay of Donkey Kong, 3D World is pretty much the only big time game they have in that time. That game is not selling 8 million systems. Id be surprised if it helps sell 3 million.

I don't think it'll move 8 million systems so I agree to that. Theres some factors to consider. One is the more appealing bundles. Also its the holidays. Another is how readily available the ps4/xbox1 will be to people who didn't preorder. Another is advertising. Dk comes out in February as well. I still think its possible for them to have something to release between now and the end of march. They need to light a fire under their ass though.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#166DDP886Posted 10/30/2013 9:01:37 AM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
StarBladeEdge posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Gain some self control when you are no longer warned.

Message marked for moderation
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#167MilesTeg420Posted 10/30/2013 9:05:32 AM
The main problem for Nintendo is that Iwata has brought them away from their all time strategy. Nintendo never released products at a loss before 3DS and Wii U. The DS and Wii were profiting day one. The Gamecube and GBA were very profitable hardware. They were able to release Gamecube at $199, and after 8 months or so, $150 - and STILL profit on the damn thing. The 3DS is still $170 at retail, there's no room to drop the price. The Wii U is already selling at a loss, a further drop would hurt even more. Old Nintendo would have been able to drop 3DS and Wii U prices and still make money. Iwata risked it all on costly 3D and Gamepad. The Wii and DS had a "gimmick" per se, but were profitable day one. It's unbelievable that Iwata would release hardware at a loss after Nintendo's history.
#168Falling DownPosted 10/30/2013 9:07:42 AM
While not good Nintendo has money from their handhelds to burn, so this won't phase them. If things get real bad they can just release a new DS, that being said this Black Friday to January 10th is the test. Fat discounts on systems/bundles plus buy a game and get two free will save the day plus some.....but then fighting the full might of ps4 and that stupid box.
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#169iKhan88Posted 10/30/2013 9:12:13 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
The main problem for Nintendo is that Iwata has brought them away from their all time strategy. Nintendo never released products at a loss before 3DS and Wii U. The DS and Wii were profiting day one. The Gamecube and GBA were very profitable hardware. They were able to release Gamecube at $199, and after 8 months or so, $150 - and STILL profit on the damn thing. The 3DS is still $170 at retail, there's no room to drop the price. The Wii U is already selling at a loss, a further drop would hurt even more. Old Nintendo would have been able to drop 3DS and Wii U prices and still make money. Iwata risked it all on costly 3D and Gamepad. The Wii and DS had a "gimmick" per se, but were profitable day one. It's unbelievable that Iwata would release hardware at a loss after Nintendo's history.

Agreed. One of the reasons the Wii was successful was that if pulled of motion controls cheaply. The EyeToy and previous peripherals were expensive, but they got the Wii down to a cost at which it could be included in a console.

Not profiting on hardware is a bad strategy for Nintendo because they aren't going to make it up in licensing fees as easily.
---
Any sig ideas?
#170bond465Posted 10/30/2013 9:12:51 AM
TalentedM posted...
Thats fine man, not a total loss yet.

Plenty of time to make up sales with some killer apps. Bring the games out, the rest will fall into place later.

Aint the first time systems haven't been smash hits out of the gates, hell if anything since launch now is the only time I am seeing anything about the Wii U. Marketing has just been dreadful.

Still, ain't that bad. Almost 1/5 the way to gamecube lifetime sales.

LOL who is measuring this against gamecube sales. Nintendo would be extremely disappointed if this was another gamecube.