Nintendo Sales Report Q2 2013 :/

#41blankempathyPosted 10/30/2013 1:24:51 AM
zerooo0 posted...
squatch22 posted...
blankempathy posted...
As expected. Here comes the usual trolls flooding in. I bet they stayed up all night for this.

No doubt.

Ah, Squatch coming in for the damage control.

Can you really say anything positive about those numbers? Yay it passed a million? Nintendo just needs more games out, and maybe a few new IPs wouldn't hurt them if properly marketed but that's the thing Nintendo doesn't know how to market things right now.

EVEN SONY is beating them marketing with the PS4, and Sony is normally terrible at marketing.(For TV ads) I've seen tons of PS4 ads on TV....seen like 5 Wii U ads for Pikmin 3 on TV.

COME ON NINTENDO GET YOUR MARKETING IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony has good tv marketing. They regularly market on adult swim which is a large part of their demographic. Of course theres nothing positive about those numbers though. The wii u isn't a bad system. its specs aren't going to kill it. Can it pull out better numbers? Of course it can the question is will Nintendo step it up? I don't expect nor want them to compete against Sony or ms in a way that they copy them. They've always made their own unique games but if people don't know about them then they're not going to buy them.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#42GamerguymassPosted 10/30/2013 1:25:07 AM
StrongBlackVine posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
TalentedM posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Is that almost four million sold in Q2 alone? Thats not terrible I would think. Wouldn't that put them up to eight million or so now then? Or am I just misunderstanding things?

*The numbers shown above are worldwide consolidated sales in units life-to-date.

Yeah I went to the link after posting. Oh well. I still think sales will close to double by a few weeks after Christmas when retail sales virtually stop again. I mean a Super Mario game coming out and putting out a bundle with that game in it? SM games always sell systems.

LOL you think Wii U sales will double over the next 2-3 months?

During the Christmas season when sales for all games usually double AND with a new Super Mario game out? Yeah I think they will double Especially since this new Mario seems to be more along the lines of a casual type game then a "normal" Super Mario along the lines of 64, Sunshine, or the Galaxies.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#43blankempathyPosted 10/30/2013 1:26:57 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
StrongBlackVine posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
TalentedM posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Is that almost four million sold in Q2 alone? Thats not terrible I would think. Wouldn't that put them up to eight million or so now then? Or am I just misunderstanding things?

*The numbers shown above are worldwide consolidated sales in units life-to-date.

Yeah I went to the link after posting. Oh well. I still think sales will close to double by a few weeks after Christmas when retail sales virtually stop again. I mean a Super Mario game coming out and putting out a bundle with that game in it? SM games always sell systems.

LOL you think Wii U sales will double over the next 2-3 months?

During the Christmas season when sales for all games usually double AND with a new Super Mario game out? Yeah I think they will double Especially since this new Mario seems to be more along the lines of a casual type game then a "normal" Super Mario along the lines of 64, Sunshine, or the Galaxies.

For their sake they better advertise the damn game. With the new bundles they're off to a good start but they need to get the word out.

Ps I expect this topic to be reposted a good 5-10 times through out the week.
---
#44zerooo0Posted 10/30/2013 1:32:03 AM
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
squatch22 posted...
blankempathy posted...
As expected. Here comes the usual trolls flooding in. I bet they stayed up all night for this.

No doubt.

Can you really say anything positive about those numbers? Yay it passed a million? Nintendo just needs more games out, and maybe a few new IPs wouldn't hurt them if properly marketed but that's the thing Nintendo doesn't know how to market things right now.

EVEN SONY is beating them marketing with the PS4, and Sony is normally terrible at marketing.(For TV ads) I've seen tons of PS4 ads on TV....seen like 5 Wii U ads for Pikmin 3 on TV.

Sony has good tv marketing. They regularly market on adult swim which is a large part of their demographic. Of course theres nothing positive about those numbers though. The wii u isn't a bad system. its specs aren't going to kill it. Can it pull out better numbers? Of course it can the question is will Nintendo step it up? I don't expect nor want them to compete against Sony or ms in a way that they copy them. They've always made their own unique games but if people don't know about them then they're not going to buy them.

Don't know about PS3, Sony has been doing great with PS4 Marketing, but my experience with their PSV marketing on TV is worst than the Wii U. Understandbly so right now with the eve of the PS4 release but they also didn't market it much before the announcement of the PS4.

Not saying the Wii U is a bad system, waiting for it to get cheap before I buy one, but yea Nintendo just has to market it more aggressively. Nintendo does compete with Sony & MS though now do they do it directly or indirectly now that is arguable. But any company competes with the company next door to get our money.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#45pearl arowanaPosted 10/30/2013 1:33:06 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
pearl arowana posted...
ROFL

You really overuse that abbreviation if you didn't notice, you illiterate troll.

rofl. there there..
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#46blankempathyPosted 10/30/2013 1:34:24 AM
zerooo0 posted...
blankempathy posted...
zerooo0 posted...
squatch22 posted...
blankempathy posted...

No doubt.

Don't know about PS3, Sony has been doing great with PS4 Marketing, but my experience with their PSV marketing on TV is worst than the Wii U. Understandbly so right now with the eve of the PS4 release but they also didn't market it much before the announcement of the PS4.

Not saying the Wii U is a bad system, waiting for it to get cheap before I buy one, but yea Nintendo just has to market it more aggressively. Nintendo does compete with Sony & MS though now do they do it directly or indirectly now that is arguable. But any company competes with the company next door to get our money.

I agree about the psv's marketing. The ps3 had strong marketing. At first I remember seeing vita commercials not I don't really see any. I can't even remember the last time I saw a vita commercial to be honest.
---
#47Golden MavenPosted 10/30/2013 1:43:17 AM
- trolls
- future killer apps
- gaming is dead
- XBox One and PS4 will also fail
- Vita
- b-b-b-b-b-b-but Sony!!!
#48EoinPosted 10/30/2013 1:44:05 AM
It's weird. It's like there's 2 Nintendos. 3DS Nintendo is competent, selling a popular system at a reasonable price, bringing games that people want, enjoying decent levels of third party support, and marketing reasonably well. Wii U Nintendo is borderline incompetent, trying to sell an system that people have proven they simply do not want at the current price (or anything like it), struggling with games and delays, gradually shedding third party and retailer support, and marketing abysmally.

Even worse, it's like 3DS Nintendo isn't just different to Wii U Nintendo, it's more that they're competing with them. Almost every Wii U exclusive has a 3DS equivalent (or something that looks like a 3DS equivalent, even if it's not quite the same). The exceptions - (Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, ZombiU, perhaps a few others - are generally niche titles.

I think Nintendo are hoping that 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros boost sales significantly, but while they will all, of course, cause some sales, I do not think that they will result in sustained noticeable increases in routine sales, and I think that Nintendo waiting to see if they do is a mistake. Severe measures need to be taken to save the Wii U - more severe at this stage than the ones taken with the 3DS. The 3DS launched in February/March 2011 and had shipped 4.32m units by June 2011, and that was considered disastrous. The Wii U launched in November/December 2012, and hasn't reached 4m yet, despite being on the market for 11 months compared to the 3DS's 4, and one Christmas period compared to the 3DS's zero by the time it had reached 4m.
#49TalentedMPosted 10/30/2013 1:47:12 AM
blankempathy posted...

I agree about the psv's marketing. The ps3 had strong marketing. At first I remember seeing vita commercials not I don't really see any. I can't even remember the last time I saw a vita commercial to be honest.

PS4 marketing is enough to tie in the Vita with it for off TV play. Trust me, people have been getting it to pair it with their PS4 they will be getting, I know several people who had no interest until that was announced.

So having it marketed as a feature for the PS4 is enough marketing for it in essence.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#50blankempathyPosted 10/30/2013 1:49:36 AM
TalentedM posted...
blankempathy posted...

PS4 marketing is enough to tie in the Vita with it for off TV play. Trust me, people have been getting it to pair it with their PS4 they will be getting, I know several people who had no interest until that was announced.

So having it marketed as a feature for the PS4 is enough marketing for it in essence.

Which as a Vita owner pisses me off. Instead of you know making games for it Sony is simply going to gain sales because it'll be a companion device. They may feel like they no longer need to create unique vita games anymore and the over all library will suffer.
---