They still expect to ship 8.54 million Wii Us in 6 months ...

#1Chenmaster2Posted 10/30/2013 1:27:50 AM
I can't take this seriously anymore ...

They are stuck in the past where they believe mobile gaming is relatively small or irrelevant to them.
---
Swag. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pKDsdzODv0
ACNL Dream Address: 4800-2736-0484
#2STE573Posted 10/30/2013 1:32:16 AM
You can 't blame optimism and confidence in their product.

What you could say is, they are slightly delusional (as are many in this board) of the impact a 3D mario game, Smash and Mario Kart are going to have.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- X-STE-90-X Playing- FFXIII-PS3, Killzone- PS3, Farcry 3- PS3, Golden Sun- GBA, Uncharted GA- Vita.
#3pearl arowanaPosted 10/30/2013 1:33:38 AM
rofl
---
OMG that the best cringed ever!!
ROFL
#4STN79Posted 10/30/2013 1:36:14 AM
Mobile gaming is a joke though. Real gamers use dedicated gaming systems.
Just because angry birds is popular among soccer moms and old geezers doesn't mean Nintendo needs to tap that market. They are doing just fine selling their consoles.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#5TalentedMPosted 10/30/2013 1:36:25 AM
It is delusional to think that a game that sold somewhere around 9 million on the 3DS and around 33 million on the Wii will boost sales of the Wii U?

To me, not thinking that it is going to boost sales on the system is more delusional.

Like how a new Halo wont boost for Microsoft or a new Uncharted or God of War wouldn't do it for Sony.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#6Golden MavenPosted 10/30/2013 1:44:29 AM
pearl arowana posted...
rofl

this
#7sonicnewboyPosted 10/30/2013 1:45:22 AM
TalentedM posted...
It is delusional to think that a game that sold somewhere around 9 million on the 3DS and around 33 million on the Wii will boost sales of the Wii U?

To me, not thinking that it is going to boost sales on the system is more delusional.

Like how a new Halo wont boost for Microsoft or a new Uncharted or God of War wouldn't do it for Sony.
#8STE573Posted 10/30/2013 1:57:19 AM
TalentedM posted...

I just think you'll be surprised at the lack of instant success it has, it's not going to sell like a COD, GTA or BF game and people on here are expecting it to. Thats the thing. It's coming out at a time in the west where, lets be frank, no one but the Nintendo purists are going to even look twice. Japan sales should be strong though if they've finished playing Pokémon lol.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, PSN ID- X-STE-90-X NNID- X-STE-90-X Playing- FFXIII-PS3, Killzone- PS3, Farcry 3- PS3, Golden Sun- GBA, Uncharted GA- Vita.
#9NathanDrakeSwagPosted 10/30/2013 2:00:31 AM
WiiU is the new Sega Saturn. It won't even reach Gamecube or Dreamcast numbers.
#10TalentedMPosted 10/30/2013 2:01:39 AM
STE573 posted...

I just think you'll be surprised at the lack of instant success it has, it's not going to sell like a COD, GTA or BF game and people on here are expecting it to. Thats the thing. It's coming out at a time in the west where, lets be frank, no one but the Nintendo purists are going to even look twice. Japan sales should be strong though if they've finished playing Pokémon lol.

The instant success isn't even in question here. Anyone interested in playing a new Mario Kart because of their last interaction with it will get it. SSB is another one with a big fan base of diehard fans who are itching to play the next one.

It being on handhelds I doubt will hurt it as much as well. Especially in the scene they play in.

It won't be nintendo pursists being the only ones interested in the West. It will be a new gen of gamers and the older 2 wanting a new MK experience and getting it from only 1 place.

A bundle would slay with the game IMO. I think a lot of people would jump at it.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing