The 3DS should have been the Wii Us game pad.

#11halomonkey1_3_5Posted 10/30/2013 8:50:36 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Yeah, looking back, if Nintendo had developed the Wii U and 3DS concurrently to work together as one platform, this could have worked well. 3DS as the handheld and controller, with the console being the console. Release them same day.

It's worth noting that Nintendo has since combined their handheld and home console teams. This should result in much more focused hardware in the future.

Imagine if you got both of them in a bundle for $300/350(Wii U cost $150 to produce, 3DS cost only $100-ish(obviously some R&D costs for both as well, although I'd imagine most the Wii U R&D was for the gamepad).

that would be insane
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#12kaiser ryu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 8:53:30 AM
icarus231 posted...
Well if you think sony and ms are the correct formula for a proper system then they will be a better fit for you. Its that simple, I was in no way being immature.

The are more than capable of giving you that feature however they don't have to. You are not entitled to it. They do not have ot let you buy a game for one system and use it on all of them.

This isn't entitlement. This is dreaming. Do understand consumer power, however. Nintendo is not in the dominant position as a provider of product and service. We are their employers.

If you like their software then deal with their hardware. Its like getting a Dodge and whining it isn't more like a ford.

Now, see, this is a terrible attitude if you want to support a company you like. This mentality leads to what you're seeing now, what is it? 3.8m in 11 months? As fans of a company "deal with it" is not the prevailing attitude to have. Consumers do have breaking points and they don't have to deal with it.

Also until I see PS/vita running with next to no lag in the real world I wont believe it.

There's no reason to expect it to be any worse than the Wii U's game pad.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06 : 3DS FC 0189-8575-3761
#13icarus231Posted 10/30/2013 9:07:17 AM
kaiser ryu posted...
icarus231 posted...
Well if you think sony and ms are the correct formula for a proper system then they will be a better fit for you. Its that simple, I was in no way being immature.

The are more than capable of giving you that feature however they don't have to. You are not entitled to it. They do not have ot let you buy a game for one system and use it on all of them.

This isn't entitlement. This is dreaming. Do understand consumer power, however. Nintendo is not in the dominant position as a provider of product and service. We are their employers.

If you like their software then deal with their hardware. Its like getting a Dodge and whining it isn't more like a ford.

Now, see, this is a terrible attitude if you want to support a company you like. This mentality leads to what you're seeing now, what is it? 3.8m in 11 months? As fans of a company "deal with it" is not the prevailing attitude to have. Consumers do have breaking points and they don't have to deal with it.

Also until I see PS/vita running with next to no lag in the real world I wont believe it.

There's no reason to expect it to be any worse than the Wii U's game pad.

Actually Nintendo is in a dominate position as they are the only company that profits from gaming.

No consumers don't have to deal with it but if you have all three companies doing the same thing then you have no real options. This is bad.

Yes it will be worse than the wii u for lag. the wii u has almost no lag as it is one device streaming to the controller. When you take 2 devices that are communicating together you will see lag.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
#14DeathSoul2000Posted 10/30/2013 9:11:18 AM
You do realise if the 3DS was the gamepad, the games would look like absolute crap on it, not to mention i couldn't bear the thought of using the 3DSes buttons and analog for wii u games, so no, just no.
#15random_man9119Posted 10/30/2013 9:21:38 AM
What I'd rather see is more multiplayer games that allow other people to join in with their 3DS'.

It's awesome playing MH3U on the TV while having your friends join you on their 3DS

It's even cool to be able to transfer your save between the Wii U and 3DS
---
PSN: Des-Nos|3DS FC: 1375 7442 7348
NNID: MrOddities|ACNL: Odd from Utopia
#16Lelouch71Posted 10/30/2013 10:40:57 AM
The only reason Sony is pushing the Vita as a glorified PS4 controller is because it's failing miserably. The 3DS doesn't have that same problem. It doesn't need to piggyback off another system in order for Nintendo to make money unlike the Vita for Sony.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#17The_DjokerPosted 10/30/2013 10:54:19 AM
The PS4/vita thing will fail.

When will people realise?

People don't give a crap about the Wii U. And people don't give a crap about the vita.

Stop trying to shove these awful things down consumers throats.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3ec856a327b34abd6227b86559e3e89e/tumblr_mn6la1MZCp1qbeeqko8_250.gif