I'm kind of glad the Wii U is flopping so bad tbh.

#1ShindoSlashPosted 10/30/2013 10:01:36 AM
It means when I finally pick one up for Smash it will be dirt cheap instead of overpriced as it is now.

Sure for Nintendo the Wii U might be a failure but for me, the consumer, it couldn't be in a better situation.

This is how I bet most people feel who are planning to get a Wii U in the future whether they admit it or not.
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#2Gamer4e4Posted 10/30/2013 10:03:09 AM
ShindoSlash posted...
It means when I finally pick one up for Smash it will be dirt cheap instead of overpriced as it is now.

Sure for Nintendo the Wii U might be a failure but for me, the consumer, it couldn't be in a better situation.

This is how I bet most people feel who are planning to get a Wii U in the future whether they admit it or not.

That's fine but when you buy one don't whine because theres no games to buy.
#3bond465Posted 10/30/2013 10:03:21 AM
Yeah Im glad a console I potentially wanted will get 0 support because of its terrible sales.
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 10/30/2013 10:06:14 AM
It's not like Nintendo deserve for it to sell better. It's not a great console to begin with, they've marketed it terribly and people still don't know what it is.

It's doing about as well as it should be.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#5ShindoSlash(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:06:33 AM
Gamer4e4 posted...
ShindoSlash posted...

That's fine but when you buy one don't whine because theres no games to buy.

I won't.

All the games I will want for it will probably be out by then. I don't mind buying a console for a few games especially when I know the games will last.

I never complained the Wii had no games, I knew I was geting it for only a few specific games.
---
PSN: ShindoSlash
#6DrumguyPosted 10/30/2013 10:08:00 AM
mcsmellington posted...
It's not like Nintendo deserve for it to sell better. It's not a great console to begin with, they've marketed it terribly and people still don't know what it is.

Opinions are great. I like opinions.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#7mcsmellingtonPosted 10/30/2013 10:09:02 AM
Drumguy posted...
mcsmellington posted...

You damn hippy.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 10/30/2013 10:09:53 AM
bond465 posted...
Yeah Im glad a console I potentially wanted will get 0 support because of its terrible sales.

It wasn't likely to get support anyway given the history of support on Nintendo consoles, and it will be in the same situation was the Wii was when PS2 games stopped being made (ie, third parties aren't going to make Wii U specific games down the line when they no longer make 360 / PS3 games). Support was a pipe dream anyway.

I was initially happy in a way for the Wii U to struggle as that meant Nintendo would take a look at their hardware design, their software releases, their scheduling, their lack of support of "new" features like online play, and how they run their business in general to make changes that would benefit everyone. But they haven't and probably never will at this point. So, I don't care too much either way since they already have my money, but I wouldn't buy the console again.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#9DrumguyPosted 10/30/2013 10:12:46 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Drumguy posted...
mcsmellington posted...

You damn hippy.

Whatever helps you feel better.
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl
#10AvirosbPosted 10/30/2013 10:13:58 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I was initially happy in a way for the Wii U to struggle as that meant Nintendo would take a look at their hardware design, their software releases, their scheduling, their lack of support of "new" features like online play, and how they run their business in general to make changes that would benefit everyone.
Sony and MS are unselfish that way, they care about anyone but themselves from the looks of it.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.