Just found out about the uk price cut...

#1ChipoftheheadPosted 10/30/2013 11:35:05 AM
....but 250 with a digital copy of zelda is still way too much.

That's approximately $400 and I know we pay more here in the UK what with higher wages etc but with the ps4 coming out in 4ish weeks at 350 and a few games for free courtesy of my existing ps+ membership it just seems too expensive still.

Now obviously I've got a ps4 on pre order but I am in no way a fanboy for any company (currently loving pokemon, Phoenix Wright and Kingdom hearts hd) and I would very much like to support ninty again by buying their home console.

I think if I got a physical copy of zelda for 250 or a digital for 200 I would have bitten but as these prices have only just come into effect it'll probably be a while before I purchase, and by then it may be too late.

Thoughts?
---
Now I like Storm 1 and I also like Phoenix Wright, but which one's better? There's only one way to find out....FIGHT!
#2The_DjokerPosted 10/30/2013 11:39:46 AM(edited)
That's an official retail price cut. The thing has been going for 200 in supermarkets for months now in bargain bins.

If you want a cheap wii U, buy preowned one from big super store. 250 is ridiculously expensive for what the U offers but expect major bundle deals when mario comes out. We've had to clear out our wii U stock by offering 3 free pre owened game deals and so on but now it's back to normal and the thing is selling like crap again. We have to force this thing on consumers to sell it. We've already shipped back 40 units to Nintendo over the last month. It's taking up warehouse space and noone is buying it. People don't' realise how crap this thing is selling especially in the UK.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3ec856a327b34abd6227b86559e3e89e/tumblr_mn6la1MZCp1qbeeqko8_250.gif
#3Chipofthehead(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 11:49:50 AM
^ The real joke is that I can easily afford to buy both a wii u and ps4 and however many games I'm buying in the next few months but I just don't see the value in the wii u at that price. And I hate being ripped off!

Oh and 2nd hand is not an option for me I'm so fussy when it comes to consoles, my snes still looks like new!
---
Now I like Storm 1 and I also like Phoenix Wright, but which one's better? There's only one way to find out....FIGHT!
#4jackorhoadsPosted 10/30/2013 11:55:52 AM
Chipofthehead posted...
^ The real joke is that I can easily afford to buy both a wii u and ps4 and however many games I'm buying in the next few months....

I think the problem isn't with the price and more with your ego.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#5Chipofthehead(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 12:01:01 PM(edited)
jackorhoads posted...
Chipofthehead posted...
^ The real joke is that I can easily afford to buy both a wii u and ps4 and however many games I'm buying in the next few months....

Care to explain why?

I certainly wouldn't say being able to afford something means that it is worth my money, I work hard for my modest wage.
---
#6Chipofthehead(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 12:43:20 PM
Anybody else think that ninty should have done more in terms of price?

Just look at the 3ds they nearly halved it's price and look at it now.
---
#7bountyhunter85Posted 10/30/2013 12:48:45 PM
jackorhoads posted...
Chipofthehead posted...

This
---
NNID & PSN: Benzuko XBL: Benzuko1985
3DS: 4081 5484 0944
#8DeathSoul2000Posted 10/30/2013 12:55:18 PM
Chipofthehead posted...
Anybody else think that ninty should have done more in terms of price?

Just look at the 3ds they nearly halved it's price and look at it now.

I think you should either cough up or shut up.
#9Chipofthehead(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 1:18:08 PM
Wow just wow.

I had no idea that the wii u board was so hostile, I thought I'd genuinely get some good discussion from this topic and my concerns over the price but no I get insulted verbally by 2 posters and dismissed by a third.

I don't know, I guess I expected to get more of a "you should buy it anyway" or "it's worth it at the current price" sort of reply from poster's but wow.

it's almost like you guy's don't want more people to buy wii u's.
---
#10Breastmilkn_DipPosted 10/30/2013 1:55:26 PM
Chipofthehead posted...
....still way too much.

Aside from the subpar and inadequate games lineup, ^this is the chief reason why the Wii U will continue to bomb in Western Europe and the UK. I'd go as far as to say that even if there were a further 100 price drop, it would make little difference. The Wii U and all it has to offer is in no way, shape or form commensurate with the current price tag.
-
--
---
Oscar See Through Red Eye