I have a feeling we won't be getting much Mario in the next couple years

#1ThatKippPosted 10/30/2013 6:55:33 PM
In 2012 and 2013, there have been new installments in the following Mario series:

- Super Mario 3D
- New Super Mario Brothers
- Mario Sports
- Paper Mario
- Mario & Luigi RPG
- Mario Party
- Mario & Sonic Olympics
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong
- Luigi's Mansion

Outside of Mario Kart 8 and maybe a new Mario Sports game on Wii U, it looks like Nintendo will be taking a break from Mario in 2014.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#2Baha05Posted 10/30/2013 6:57:13 PM
Then you don't know Nintendo.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#3FayeLadyPosted 10/30/2013 6:57:28 PM
What makes you think that? If the system continues on the way it is, i expect to see more Mario. It has a known factor to sell.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4ThatKipp(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 7:00:03 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...

This is true... they will find a way to pull Mario out of their asses lol.

FayeLady posted...
What makes you think that? If the system continues on the way it is, i expect to see more Mario. It has a known factor to sell.

Most of the games I listed come out once or twice a console, so now that those have come out there's not too much to make in the way of Mario games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Upcd7fL.png
3DS FC: 3609-1237-6725
#5TransdudePosted 10/30/2013 6:58:45 PM(edited)
Next year, besides Mario Kart and SSB, I hope Nintendo goes all out with all of their other IPs and gives Mario a break.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | NNID: Transdude1996 | Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#6FayeLadyPosted 10/30/2013 7:09:59 PM
ThatKipp posted...
Baha05 posted...

This is true... they will find a way to pull Mario out of their asses lol.

FayeLady posted...

Most of the games I listed come out once or twice a console, so now that those have come out there's not too much to make in the way of Mario games.

Well the console is usually well on its way by now and no longer needs that push. If Mario Land gets a stand alone DLC that would be the forth Mario platformer for the system
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7DuncanwiiPosted 10/31/2013 6:26:37 AM
Mario Golf World Tour is coming out next year as well.
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon Y, The Wind Waker HD. Looking Forward To: Super Mario 3D World, Mario Golf 3DS, Smash Brothers.
3DS Friend Code: 0688-5348-2278
#8fon1988Posted 10/31/2013 8:44:44 AM
Miyamoto recently stated that they want to bring out the next "Galaxy" style game, meaning the BIG Mario platformer that will revolutionize the series again soon.

Plus we have now waited over half a decade for a Paper Mario game on consoles.

They could also do a Luigi's Mansion on Wii U.

We also need a new Mario Strikers.

They could also do something new with Mario that we don't know about either. I'm thinking Nintendo is not going to stop producing Mario based games. Especially while the Wii U is not selling well.
---
NNID: PoisonShroom
#9PoweranimalsPosted 10/31/2013 9:34:19 AM
90% of those games are 3DS though.
#10Otti_OpaoPosted 10/31/2013 9:50:52 AM
I love nintendo and I love Mario but I hope there are some more mature games in the pipeline.

Someone on this board once said that if nintendo did a FPS it would be a Mario paintball which really made me laugh, then I got scared because the sad thing is he is likely right these days, I want another goldeneye or Metroid prime type game with multiplayer which sadly nintendo don't seem to want to do even though they would likely do a better job than is being done by other firms.

I really hope to see the old nintendo back, keep the fun colourful games but I dont want to choose between fun (nintendo) or gritty (PS & Xbox) I want both on my Wii U and they used to deliver that perfectly.