Honestly, has anyone seen ANY televised advertising for this console lately?

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 10/31/2013 2:07:52 AM
I haven't seen a single commercial in ages.

I could understand the lack of advertising a little after launch, as there wasn't really much to advertise. Now though, this thing actually has a couple of games out, and a few more coming. They even have a newfangled, almighty Zelda bundle now! Yet no advertising of games or the bundles out now or incoming. C'mon, the new flagship Mario (one of the main games the WiiUs future is riding on) is out in less than a month, don't you think you should start, oh I dunno, advertising it? Oh and lets not forget the even bigger issue of 2 new consoles coming out competing for those holiday dollars.

I mean really think about this. The lack of advertising is mindblowing here. Can anyone give a logical reason as to why they haven't advertised this console? Anyone?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2TalentedMPosted 10/31/2013 2:11:45 AM
They are afraid of advertising I guess. I have no clue, boggles my mind.

Last gen it was Wii commercial one after another till I starting banging my head against the wall. Guess they were hoping word of mouth would be enough, but they should know better to be honest.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#3mcsmellingtonPosted 10/31/2013 2:12:24 AM
Yeah I see Wind Waker ads maybe twice a week. That's pretty much it though.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#4PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:15:30 AM
TalentedM posted...

Last gen it was Wii commercial one after another till I starting banging my head against the wall. Guess they were hoping word of mouth would be enough, but they should know better to be honest.

Lol, its kinda funny how the one console they released that didn't really need a ton of advertising actually received tons of it, yet the one that needs it more than ever is being completely ignored.

I know Nintendo likes to be those unique, outside the box guys but cmon, this is just ridiculous lol
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#5PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:16:11 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Yeah I see Wind Waker ads maybe twice a week. That's pretty much it though.

Really? What channels are you watching, just curious?
---
#6TalentedMPosted 10/31/2013 2:16:59 AM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
TalentedM posted...

Lol, its kinda funny how the one console they released that didn't really need a ton of advertising actually received tons of it, yet the one that needs it more than ever is being completely ignored.

I know Nintendo likes to be those unique, outside the box guys but cmon, this is just ridiculous lol

Yep. They should get their ass in gear and get that machine moving for this holiday. The Wii U is a perfect fit right next to your PS4.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#7squatch22Posted 10/31/2013 2:17:46 AM
Plenty of Zelda ads.
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#8PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:19:42 AM
TalentedM posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
TalentedM posted...

Yep. They should get their ass in gear and get that machine moving for this holiday. The Wii U is a perfect fit right next to your PS4.

Totally agree, however... I have a feeling that they won't really get the word out on this thing by the time the holidays have come and gone. I dunno though, hope I'm wrong.
---
#9PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:20:35 AM
squatch22 posted...
Plenty of Zelda ads.

You guys are lucky then, I haven't seen a single one :/
---
#10Shadowbird_RHPosted 10/31/2013 2:20:46 AM
I'm pretty sure I've never seen the Wii U advertised on TV. Then again, I pretty much never watch TV these days aside from Netflix or Hulu+, and even that isn't too common.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR