Would you buy a Wii U if purchases were tied to an account?

#1Tom_Green_IIPosted 10/31/2013 6:27:02 AM
There are still many factors that are keeping me from purchasing a Wii U, but an account system is definitely priority number 1. I hated that my purchases were tied to my Wii (I also hated friend codes, but luckily they smartened up about it).

With my Xbox 360 and PS3, an account system makes things a hell of alot easier when purchasing games. It's also great to know that I can download game I've purchased on any console provided I'm signed into my account (which is great for going over to friends' houses to play a new game I downloaded).

Apparently they've been 'working on it', but how long does that really take to set up? If they fixed that one little thing, chances are good they will see more sales (well..... once they release some compelling software too).

So what do you think? Would you purchase a Wii U if it tied purchases to an account? How about those that own one? Don't you think it would be alot more convenient and user friendly if you had purchases tied to your account?
#2Rapscallion84Posted 10/31/2013 6:32:24 AM
It astounds me that this wasn't a day 1 feature for the Wii U, to be honest.
#3zerobrandPosted 10/31/2013 6:32:55 AM
It is my #1 problem with Nintendo consoles, it's being a feature i'm waiting ever since the Wii eshop in 2006, I can't believe they never listened to their customers about this thing, it's so unconvenient and stupid, and the 5 times transfer system limit is even worse! Nintendo should definitly change this in a firmware update ASAP.
#4Dash_Dash88Posted 10/31/2013 6:43:29 AM
Probably not,that don't help a lack of games. It would make me buy more games on my 3ds eshop, only bought one so far.
---
If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention.
Psn Dasha_UK Xbl,Dasha UK,3ds 0103-9935-6957
#5EarthLord_CJPosted 10/31/2013 6:58:14 AM
Rapscallion84 posted...

Throw a tin-foil hat on me, but I've a feeling that it was connected to whatever reason EA had for jumping ship when it came to Wii U support.

Everyone pretty much knows at this point that Nintendo reached out to EA to assist them in making a strong network for online and such, so I'm guessing that the falling-out basically left Nintendo high-and-dry in that department.

I mean, heck, even if it wasn't on day-one, an account system should've been established not long after launch had everything gone smoothly between the two companies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#6guedesbrawlPosted 10/31/2013 7:01:16 AM
i honestly never got the fuss with that. well, it's not like i'd be purchasing a lot on the online store.

i'm just waiting for smash.
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto
#7SyCo_VeNoMPosted 10/31/2013 7:01:24 AM
Don't matter to me as the majority of my purchases are physical so account or not no issue ;)

If it was tied to an account I might look at things on the E-shop though, but hey its saving me money.
#8Tom_Green_II(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 7:03:11 AM
EarthLord_CJ posted...
Rapscallion84 posted...

Throw a tin-foil hat on me, but I've a feeling that it was connected to whatever reason EA had for jumping ship when it came to Wii U support.

Everyone pretty much knows at this point that Nintendo reached out to EA to assist them in making a strong network for online and such, so I'm guessing that the falling-out basically left Nintendo high-and-dry in that department.

I mean, heck, even if it wasn't on day-one, an account system should've been established not long after launch had everything gone smoothly between the two companies.

Exactly. The fact that an account system hasn't happened yet makes me worry one isn't coming, further turning me off of the console.
#9EarthLord_CJPosted 10/31/2013 7:08:56 AM
Tom_Green_II posted...
EarthLord_CJ posted...
Rapscallion84 posted...

Exactly. The fact that an account system hasn't happened yet makes me worry one isn't coming, further turning me off of the console.

Nintendo's said a number of times that they are aware of the problem and they're aiming to fix it, and I have faith that they'll do that.
The bigger question, I think, is how late it'll come, and whether it coming sooner will prevent more damage being done to the console's (and, by extension, Nintendo's) reputation.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#10Neo_HeartlessPosted 10/31/2013 7:35:35 AM
There's been quotes from that NoA guy that appears in the American directs (not Reggie) where he says they know people want a unified account system and they're working on it, but it's not something they've solved yet. It's most likely complicated due to their online infrastructure.

I read an article about the account system on the WiiU, but I can't find it right now. It basically said that purchases made on a WiiU are tied to the account that bought them. If you get a new WiiU, you can have the account on your current one freed, and when you use it on the new one, you should be able to redownload your eShop purchases.

Obviously it's not a unified account system, but it's a bit extra security on the WiiU side of things.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]