Why is Call of Duty bad again?

#31nonexistingheroPosted 10/31/2013 4:17:54 PM
It has no depth, simple and uninspired map designs, horrible weapons, a stupid level system in multi, etc. It's all that's wrong with modern fps.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#32MuryoPosted 10/31/2013 4:23:46 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
1. Me personally I dont like shooters.

2. The fanbase.

3. It's all people are going to be talking about.

4. They do a new one every year.

5. Little, if any improvement over previous game

6. The COD cycle: Get hyped for it, says it's the best cod ever, 2-3 months later hates it, goes back to MW2 or Black ops, new game is announced, repeat.

7. Little kids and grown ups who act like little kids screaming and cursing online.

This, can you imagine how anoying it would be to have the same kind of Mario or Zelda game every single year looking pretty much the same when it comes to graphics and gameplay?
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#33crucialPosted 10/31/2013 4:27:01 PM
1.Map's-with every new release we get worse and worse maps that are much smaller and over all just a cluster.

2.Yearly release will kill any franchise outside of sports titles,people are just not as hype for the game and in return becomes less fun,think,Maddens,Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero.

3.Big game's,I would love to have a 16 vs.16 or 20 vs.20 with in the CoD world not BF style,just straight up how it is now but at the same time not trying to be a BF clone,big maps,big game's.

4.With every release they always take stuff out that you really liked in the last one and make it worse,they are also making it way to newb friendly and really has become a casual game and way to easy espeically with BLOPs 2 wow do they hold you're hand in that game.

5.My main beef with the game is every year release,by the time I really get it down and start to enjoy the 4 or 5 DLC packs that have been released they release another one on you and starts to become very recycled.

6.They use the same engine with every single title,even Ghosts uses the same engine it used for CoD MW1 just tweaked,this makes it feel old and dated unlike BF where they will not release a BF unless it has a new engine as with the Frostbite engine.
#34Skill4ReelPosted 10/31/2013 4:54:53 PM
Spawns in multiplayer are awful. When I'm having a good game. It feels like the spawn system is just throwing me in the match at the right place. When I have a terrible game, it feels like the spawn system is throwing me into the game at the worst time possible. Instead of concentrating on defeating the other players in a multiplayer match, I feel like I'm at the constant mercy of the horrible spawning system. It's actually the #1 reason why I prefer Battlefield over COD.

Not to mention that the lag/host compensation is annoying, and I'm expected to pay $50 a year for an online subscription on new consoles to experience these same crappy connections? Why? At least on XB1, dedicated servers are guaranteed. Then on the Wii U versions of COD, I don't have to pay anything extra at all. That's why I'm getting COD Ghosts on Wii U after a few price drops.

Oh, yeah. Level designs still feel like they are inspired from the original COD back in 2003. In fact, I've enjoyed those multiplayer maps more than a lot of them in the newer games. Small, cramp, multiplayer circle jerk spawn sessions.

COD single player? Super speedy unrealistic A.I. enemies that spam infinite grenades. I usually get through them all on the hardest difficulty for the trophies. Well, BLOPS2 was my least favorite. I got to the first strike force mission. Hated it. Turned it off, and never went back to the single player again. Oh, and I bought the game last November. That's all I've got. Other than that, COD is a pretty decent series.
#35Godstriker8Posted 10/31/2013 5:01:21 PM
Mandrew257 posted...
1. Me personally I dont like shooters.

2. The fanbase.

3. It's all people are going to be talking about.

4. They do a new one every year.

5. Little, if any improvement over previous game

6. The COD cycle: Get hyped for it, says it's the best cod ever, 2-3 months later hates it, goes back to MW2 or Black ops, new game is announced, repeat.

7. Little kids and grown ups who act like little kids screaming and cursing online.

So in other words, there's nothing wrong with the actual games.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#36JobocanPosted 10/31/2013 5:17:15 PM
Godstriker8 posted...

Alright: It's boring. Simple. None of them are fun to play. There's something like 10 of them now (in 10 years, not counting a few entries), and they never felt the need to improve the gameplay at all (which I fully understand, btw). It does nothing any other FPS in the last 25 years hasn't already done, and it does it worse than almost all of them. It does nothing interesting whatsoever. It's just run and shoot and nothing else. No level design, no real thought in the enemy placement, insanely horrible story... If I just want to run and shoot and nothing else, I'll play Wolfenstein 3D, at least that's somewhat fun to play and it has better-designed levels (by virtue of actually HAVING levels instead of just random landscapes with random enemy placements).

There's some good FPS out there, why waste time with one that isn't good (other than sell and makes lots and lots of money)? I get why Activision keeps releasing them (and good on them, making money is their job and that does it for them), but I don't get why anyone buys them.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#37DerPancakePosted 10/31/2013 5:26:04 PM(edited)
Jobocan posted...
Godstriker8 posted...

Alright: It's boring. Simple. None of them are fun to play. There's something like 10 of them now (in 10 years, not counting a few entries), and they never felt the need to improve the gameplay at all (which I fully understand, btw). It does nothing any other FPS in the last 25 years hasn't already done, and it does it worse than almost all of them. It does nothing interesting whatsoever. It's just run and shoot and nothing else. No level design, no real thought in the enemy placement, insanely horrible story... If I just want to run and shoot and nothing else, I'll play Wolfenstein 3D, at least that's somewhat fun to play and it has better-designed levels (by virtue of actually HAVING levels instead of just random landscapes with random enemy placements).

There's some good FPS out there, why waste time with one that isn't good (other than sell and makes lots and lots of money)? I get why Activision keeps releasing them (and good on them, making money is their job and that does it for them), but I don't get why anyone buys them.

Nothing any other fps had done? CoD4 was the first FPS to combine the multiplayer with some rpg elements, also perks, and rewarding you with killstreaks. You don't like the game, alright, some people don't like Mario games, but it still doesn't take the fact that CoD is one of the best FPS on the market.

Also name another fast paced military shooter that does the gameplay as well as CoD?
---
EVGA
#38LugovesPosted 10/31/2013 5:27:31 PM
CoD pretty much is the epitome of what is wrong with the gaming industry IMO.
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti
#39Baha05Posted 10/31/2013 5:31:14 PM
I think it's just how fast they release them is the issue, really maybe every other year would be fine but every year around the same damn time is a bit much.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#40OzzieArcanePosted 10/31/2013 5:58:08 PM
The problem is less with Call of Duty itself and more what it has done to the industry. Too many companies skip out on more original ideas to try and make something they THINK will sell to the Call of Duty audience, while completely ignoring that they can't get the Call of Duty audience because they're too busy playing Call of Duty.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com