So - 8 months pass...

#1RemembrentPosted 10/31/2013 5:13:48 PM
If numbers are drastically better, is the Wii U a "failure"? - Results (74 votes)
Yes
32.43% (24 votes)
No
67.57% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I think it's ridiculous to even consider the Wii U a failure yet. The big games, the system sellers, are starting to hit the market in the coming months AND the holiday season is upon us.

Was it wise to release it so early? That's debatable in my opinion. But we can't label this anything yet.

However, in 8 months, I think we CAN start to consider this a failure if things haven't turned around. Now, when I say failure, I mean in the retail sense.

What do you think?
#21shadetail1Posted 10/31/2013 5:15:43 PM
I think that I really don't care. As long as I have fun with the games I get on my WiiU, that's plenty good enough for me.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3Baha05Posted 10/31/2013 5:15:48 PM
I think it would have been better to delay the system, or at least make sure the launch line up was better and have more exclusives, maybe put their foot down in some of the BS versions 3rd party devs are putting out.
---
"the problem is you won't know that when the year is up. so you can't exactly cancel it until it's too late." Someone without a calender
#4Remembrent(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 5:17:23 PM
Right - to me, the Wii U is a success in that I have fun with it. I mean this more in the retail sense.
#51shadetail1Posted 10/31/2013 5:19:05 PM
Sure, I know that's what you meant. It's just that I consider that question to be irrelevant.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6Remembrent(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 5:20:23 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Sure, I know that's what you meant. It's just that I consider that question to be irrelevant.

Well - An irrelevant system isn't exactly good for business. I think we all want this to succeed because success = more options for us.

So I think it's relevant.
#7Nin3DSFanPosted 11/1/2013 2:01:56 AM
8 months? What happened in March?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#8Remembrent(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 4:42:39 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
8 months? What happened in March?

I figured that gets you through the holidays and the releases that usually start coming in the Spring.
#9Knyght_VowPosted 11/1/2013 5:28:59 AM
It's not a success if even the fans can say "Well at least I can have fun with it..."

That's not a successful console. A successful console is the one you can go to school/work and talk about with more than a couple people.

Wii U is embarrassing.
#10Rasputin77Posted 11/1/2013 6:29:01 AM
"Drastically" is the key word. Like, two or threefold.
---
The irony of GameFAQs -- http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
GameFAQs needs a stat for "users who angrily tried to PM you but were blocked" XD