What if Nintendo came out with a Wii 2 console?

#1TerraUniversePosted 11/1/2013 8:42:28 AM(edited)
I don't think the concept of the Wii U was good. The Wii U gamepad is too big and uncomfortable to use and just confusing for most casual gamers. Most people are exposed to tablets so the tablet is not a novelty. Most people already own tablets that are of better quality than the Wii U gamepad.

Imagine, however, if they came out with a Wii 2. Most people are familiar with the Wii, so they'll know that it involves the Wiimote and Nunchuck. The Wiimote and Nunchuck was a great controller.

The biggest reason, however, is cost. The gamepad is just unprofitable. The Wii U will always be expensive if you have to have a tablet attached to it.

So a Wii 2 with HD graphics and an improved online system.
#2evoxpiscesPosted 11/1/2013 8:46:06 AM
The Wii U basically is a Wii 2. You can use the nunchuks and Wii remotes with the Wii U. I'm trying to figure where you were going with this.
---
3DS FC: 4055-4011-0349
#3Muddy_ApePosted 11/1/2013 8:48:14 AM
From: TerraUniverse | Posted: 11/1/2013 11:42:28 AM | #001
The Wii U gamepad is too big and uncomfortable to use and just confusing for most casual gamers

nope.

Most people already own tablets that are of better quality than the Wii U gamepad.

The Gamepad is just a controller with a screen, not a tablet..
---
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg
#4TerraUniverse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 8:53:26 AM(edited)
evoxpisces posted...
The Wii U basically is a Wii 2. You can use the nunchuks and Wii remotes with the Wii U. I'm trying to figure where you were going with this.

Yeah, but what if Nintendo actually started only using the Wiimote and Nunchucks and just dropped the tablet altogether and started making games that use Wiimote and Nunchucks. Right now, the Wii U games are not using the Wiimote and Nunchucks.

They could just change the name to Wii 2, and package an HD Wii console with a Wiimote and Nunchuck.
#5Muddy_ApePosted 11/1/2013 8:58:32 AM
From: TerraUniverse | Posted: 11/1/2013 11:53:26 AM | #004
Right now, the Wii U games are not using the Wiimote and Nunchucks.

Yes they are. It's an option in most of the games. Do you even own a Wii U?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6qxWz.jpg
#6lightningbugxPosted 11/1/2013 9:02:38 AM
Nah. They should come out with a new version of the Wii U with higher grade components that trolls want and call it the Wii Ultra.
#7EoinPosted 11/1/2013 9:04:52 AM
Nintendo only keep console names around if they've been unambiguous successes. They kept the NES/Famicom name, and they kept the Wii name. With the Wii U underperforming significantly as of now, they are unlikely to use the name again for any future machines.
#8Ben ReillyPosted 11/1/2013 9:37:32 AM
Muddy_Ape posted...

Most people already own tablets that are of better quality than the Wii U gamepad.

The Gamepad is just a controller with a screen, not a tablet..

This X1000

I get so sick of people referring to it as a tablet

It's a controller with a screen, nothing more
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 11/1/2013 9:41:32 AM
They'd need to rename it Wii 3 because there's already confusion with the Wii U being a Wii sequel. But then that's even more confusing. They just need to rename it with Nintendo in the name. The Nintendo Next or something to make it profoundly obvious to people.
---
-C- GET EQUIPPED WITH: [ ] KLOBB [ ] BFG
[ ] METAL BLADE [X] CUTSCENE MURDER PISTOL
#10EoinPosted 11/1/2013 9:54:23 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
They'd need to rename it Wii 3 because there's already confusion with the Wii U being a Wii sequel. But then that's even more confusing. They just need to rename it with Nintendo in the name. The Nintendo Next or something to make it profoundly obvious to people.

Nintendo Next would work....until they needed a next console after that. It's really hard for something to sound newer than "next" so it would have potential for confusion no matter what name they picked for the next console after Next.

I think that they should learn from past successful transitions, from Sony, from Microsoft, from themselves in the past. Basic names, as boring as they are, simply work. "Nintendo Entertainment System", "PlayStation", "Game Boy", "Xbox" - they're all quite simple. Something like "Nintendo Game Box" would work. It's about the most boring and generic name they could possibly pick, and I'm sure there are far better options including Nintendo Next, for the first few years of the console's life) but it'd be a lot better, as a name, than "Wii U".