If Nintendo fired Iwata and hired you in his place, what would you do?

#1Fusion916Posted 11/1/2013 1:46:40 PM
I'll Start:

Day one in office, complete pull the Wii U from the market and halt any and all Wii U related activities. I would put together a world wide press conference and publicly apologize for even producing the Wii U and beg gamers/developers for forgiveness.

The day after that, I would immediately put that billion+ dollar warchest to use by producing the Nintendo Revolution™ that would be a super powerful 1080p/4k console (making it future proof for the next 8 years) that I would make cheap ($399 maybe) and sell for a loss in an all in attempt to get gamers and developers back on board.

Yes, for the first couple of years (at least) I'd lose the company a **** ton of money, but I would be playing the long game, not the short game that Nintendo has been playing.
---
PSN: Fusion916
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fusionx916
#2Tempest717Posted 11/1/2013 1:50:01 PM
Hire Iwata back as my personal assistant and ask him how the hell I'm supposed to do this job.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#3anon_firePosted 11/1/2013 1:52:09 PM
Fusion916 posted...
I'll Start:

Day one in office, complete pull the Wii U from the market and halt any and all Wii U related activities. I would put together a world wide press conference and publicly apologize for even producing the Wii U and beg gamers/developers for forgiveness.

The day after that, I would immediately put that billion+ dollar warchest to use by producing the Nintendo Revolution™ that would be a super powerful 1080p/4k console (making it future proof for the next 8 years) that I would make cheap ($399 maybe) and sell for a loss in an all in attempt to get gamers and developers back on board.

Yes, for the first couple of years (at least) I'd lose the company a **** ton of money, but I would be playing the long game, not the short game that Nintendo has been playing.

It's a good thing that you DON'T run Nintendo. Otherwise, the gaming market would be suffocated with mediocre FPS's left and right!
#4squatch22Posted 11/1/2013 1:53:32 PM
Tempest717 posted...
Hire Iwata back as my personal assistant and ask him how the hell I'm supposed to do this job.

This.
Iwata is behind both of Nintendo s biggest sellers
---
Nintendo FTW. Sonic Lost World is actually pretty good.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#5dante2k5Posted 11/1/2013 1:55:06 PM
I would sell off the company and make some bank while I still could. If I actually tried to run things, we'd tank.
#6whoPosted 11/1/2013 1:56:06 PM
I'd shoot to get more indie developers as second party developers by giving them much better rates for eShop sales

Outside of that, I'd pretty much be doing the same thing.
#7IreneLingPosted 11/1/2013 1:56:59 PM
Tempest717 posted...

LOL!
#8aiyobroPosted 11/1/2013 1:57:29 PM
if you don't like nintendo games then you don't need a nintendo system
#9jetstreamfoulPosted 11/1/2013 2:02:07 PM
I would get autograph from Miyamoto, then i would play some unreleased Nintendo games after that i would buy Sega and then i would hire Iwata back and retire.
---
The Legend of Dragoon gets sequel before PSO2 gets western release date
#10guedesbrawlPosted 11/1/2013 2:02:45 PM
IreneLing posted...
Tempest717 posted...

LOL!

yeah... does ANYBODY here know what exactly a president does?
---
Learn this, gamers: "It's better to judge a game by the execution of what it set out to do instead of wishing it did something else" - Akito_Kinomoto